Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 months out, heading for skin removal soon

I had RNY nearly 18 months ago. I stopped losing after 6 months. I've been very disciplined, following all the rules. I never reached my goal and probably never will. I hover around 172-178 and I'm 5.4

I decided to go for skin removal and am set for surgery next month. All the naysayers have said horrible things. Stuff like, "it's way too painful, worse than RNY", and the more sensitive comments that have to do with weight gain. I don't want to hear about the whole Tummy Tuck being for nothing if I gain weight again. I won't gain weight. I'm not that person... and I'm not in denial. I am a person who is grateful for every gift I get, and I can handle the challenge of staring sugar in the face and walking away.

I'm looking for positive support, someone to tell me that I'm not insane for going through a double hernia repair, abdominoplasty, and Lipo on my back all at once, because I'm tired of dragging around the baggage of the fatlady I once was.

Thank you.

post-219313-0-57875900-1448030792_thumb.jpg

Edited by latido

I think it's great! Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes for your upcoming surgery. You deserve it!

I had RNY nearly 18 months ago. I stopped losing after 6 months. I've been very disciplined, following all the rules. I never reached my goal and probably never will. I hover around 172-178 and I'm 5.4

I decided to go for skin removal and am set for surgery next month. All the naysayers have said horrible things. Stuff like, "it's way too painful, worse than RNY", and the more sensitive comments that have to do with weight gain. I don't want to hear about the whole Tummy Tuck being for nothing if I gain weight again. I won't gain weight. I'm not that person... and I'm not in denial. I am a person who is grateful for every gift I get, and I can handle the challenge of staring sugar in the face and walking away.

I'm looking for positive support, someone to tell me that I'm not insane for going through a double hernia repair, abdominoplasty, and Lipo on my back all at once, because I'm tired of dragging around the baggage of the fatlady I once was.

Thank you.

attachicon.gifIMG_5518.JPG

Forget the naysayers. This is your body, and your life, and your decision, no one else's. And your loss is impressive - more importantly, it's yours. Yes, plastics are painful. So was your post-op journey, though not all the time, and not forever. The same is true for plastic surgery. Nothing wrong with your decision. Carry on.

good luck! Only you know what's right for you.

From all I've seen/read/heard from others is it's a different experience for each person. Some sail through it with little to no pain, and others says it's awful. Just research and be prepared :-)

I happen to be going for my plastics pre-op on Tuesday. Definitely getting some jitters, lol.

Good luck!

I think this is wonderful! You've worked your bootie off (literally) and if this is what makes YOU happy then you go for it. There will ALWAYS be people who will try and discourage you, why because some people just can't stand to see others succeed.

Remember what they say, no pain no gain right?:-)

You're going to do great, look at what you've already accomplished it's amazing!!!!

My only concern is are you sure you won't lose more weight and your ready to stop trying? I think you look great and really beautiful but it's all about you and your wishes for yourself.

You sound frustrated at not having made goal. You know you won't gain weight- why don't you have that confidence in losing the rest?

This is because, once you have plastics, if you lose more weight you'll have to have them again. My best friend had plastics higher than goal weight, then regretted it as now, three years later she wants to try and lose more and she is. She will have to do plastics again!!

Make sure you really are done before you commit to this.

If you are done, then power to you!! Have it done !!!tell the naysayers to stf up, they need to respect your boundaries.

Edited by bellabloom

Be true to yourself. If this is where your heart leads you, go for it!

Yes, i'm frustrated. It's been a year that I haven't lose or gained anything. I can see changes though on my face and hips. So maybe I'm shaping out. But other than that, i'm not able to do anything different to "try" losing more weight. On the scale, and in numbers, my body was kinda done at six months out. So just waiting longer is going to frustrate me even more. My logic is that hypothetically if I lose 20 lbs one day, it still won't make my abdomen look like now, after losing 100 lbs. No way can that be possible.

Good luck with your plastics. The skin they remove will help you get a little closer to your goal. If you are comfy where you are and are able to stay (maintain) there it may just be right where your body wants to be. After all you have lost to heck with the numbers..get those plastics gal.

@@latido you sound like me. I lost 145 pounds in 14 months and no more will come off. There is nothing I can do, short of malnutrition, ad I'm not doing it. I am healthy in my size 8, and good with that. That was a very hard thing for me to come to grips with. I wanted a normal BMI, but I finally figured out there is way more to life and weight loss/management than that.

I had lots of plastics, and it was very, very painful and totally worth it! I would do it all again. I would spend every dime and have that pain again to get rid of that skin. I am thrilled with my results. At 53, I look better than I did 30 years ago, the last time I was thin. Wait...I've never been this thin! Anyway, I look at it like this - short term pain for long term gain. Even if I do manage to drop a few more pounds - you are right. It's not enough to worry about. I think a 10-15% change is OK. One thing for sure - having that surgery keeps me motivated. I can FEEL it when I overeat a little, and I am uncomfortable if I gain a couple of pounds. You can bounce a quarter off my belly!!

I say do it!!

Go for it- 5 weeks post op lower body lift- not painful just uncomfortable

for the first 3 days then it's a breeze

any update?