Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 8 week post-op and only down 37 pounds (kind of disappointed in myself), but I have been struggling with extreme fatigue and no appetite. I have no energy to exercise and I know I am not getting my Protein in like I need to. Every whey Protein powder I can find and try tastes the same as the one before it - - nasty. I found a non-whey Protein Powder that body builders use that I like ok, but I am worried it will cause me to gain weight. The man at the shop swears it won't, but I don't know if I believe him. It's Nutramedz Crave Protein (mango flavor). Does anyone know if we have to use whey based powders? I have to find a way to get my protein in!!

Thanks!

37 pounds is something. Everyone's journey is different so do not be discouraged. Have you tried Premier Protein? I am almost 2 weeks post op and today was the first day I took in 60g of Protein. I started at 8AM and am just now finishing ;) Keep working on it.

Edited by umo

37 lbs is great!!! Don't give up you'll get to where you wanna be...

As far Protein...the only thing I could tolerate is muscle milk. Sure it's a little more costly for the ready bottles but it's the only way I've been able to get my Protein in...if you haven't tried yet...give them a try and see what you think...I think there quite tasty, but not everyone is the same

Edited by mperez1982

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Did your NUT provide you with a list of approved Protein shakes or give you guidelines? Many of the shakes that body builders use are high in carbs. What are the carb and Protein amounts for the Protein shake you are using?

I like Premier Protein, GNC Lean 25, Syntrax nectar, and ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates.

37 lbs is far more than I had lost at 8 weeks out and I was pretty pleased! You are far too hard on yourself and possibly have unrealistic expectations about how fast the weight is going to come off.

I looked up the Protein Powder you are using in Myfitnesspal and the numbers look really good -- 123 calories, 2 grams carbs, 26 grams Protein. That's better than most protein powders I have seen and would definitely fit the guidelines my medical team gave me.

I was experiencing lots of fatigue right before my 2 month check-up. Protein is definitely key and my NUT was super frustrated that I wasn't getting enough Protein and Water. I upped my protein and energy came back right away.

Premier Protein is the only way I gan do shakes - and now I do (1) shake and (1) Quest bar each day. (Well, I TRY to everyday). I am in a stall and getting a bit down, so I am redoubling my efforts. Each morning I just have to re-commit to the program. As we all know, it is not easy all of the time!

Just this past weekend, my husband and I did lots of research on Protein Bars. Quest bars are low in calories (170), low sugar and 20g of protein. I can eat about half a bar at a time, so I'm going to keep one in my purse each day. They aren't cheap, though. Lowest I could find them was $2.10 each.

My colleagues and friends rave about my progress and I've lost inches in the past 2 weeks but the darn scale is stuck at 202.

Something that was a good reminder at my check-up was that you can't get near enough protein from food - you must do (2) protein supplements a day for your body to keep losing......

stick with it!

I have only lost 24 lbs, i wish i lost as much as you. Celebrate

37lbs is a lot. Not sure why you want to lose so fast. Slow is great.

Your weight loss is on target. No you do not need to eat whey based Protein powders. The numbers for the one you like sound okay. The extreme fatigue may in part be due to not meeting your protein requirements. I used FAGE 0% greek yogurt to my Protein Shakes for an added protein boost. A half a cup will give you 65cal 5carbs 13gms protein and 5sugar. I would add it to my morning Protein Shake since I worked out first thing. It was a terrific protein boost and fueled my day. You do need to watch your carbs and sugar throughout the rest of the day, but this helped get me started and kept me going without fatigue. It also made it easier to meet my protein goals by the end of the day so I had more time to focus on getting in my Water.< /p>

I use pure Protein pre-op, and I plan on using it post-op too. I believe the flavor is called rich chocolate. I get it in the 2 pound tubs.