Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleep study last week. I thought I slept great. They called today and told me I quit breathing 203 times during the night, 32x a minute. I'm mind blown! I never wake up and think "man, that was a good night of rest!" I always think "man I'm tired" but at least now I know why. I thought I was just a sleepy person! I had no idea I quit breathing. I have to go back now and do the test with a cpap on and I don't know if I'll have to use a cpap from here on out or just for surgery. But this just like is one more thing letting me know I'm making the right decision to have the surgery. I can't wait until I can be healthy and get a good night of rest and not wake up and feel exhausted. Anyone else have any sleep apnea stories or maybe you don't have it anymore since you lost your weight... I can't imagine sleeping with that Loud machine and mask on my face every night

I dread my sleep study! Actually it is the cpap I dread wearing. I am getting mine in September. I'm sure I have sleep apnea. I am tired all the time. Just think though, when we lose a lot of weight we probably won't have to wear it anymore!!

It's not so bad! I'm more nervous about EGD! sleeping is easy! Lol I can't wait til that day! More energy and less fatigue I am all about that

The worst part of the sleep study I thought was trying to get all the goop out of my hair. It took about 5 good hair washings to get it to come out.

Yes I was not prepared for the goop! At all! But I had so many cords coming out of me I felt like a science project

The CPAP doesnt make any loud noises at all it is hard to get used to having something in your face but is all.worth t I have to use mines atleast 4 hours thats enough for me.

Great news! I can't wait to feel rested!!! I'm not looking forward to the endoscopy either. It's the IV part I dread.

The worst part about the cpap is finding a mask that you like.

You will sleep great once you get your CPAP I hates the test but I am telling you I sleep so good and wake up so rested is worth it!!!!

I agree!

For the life of me, I could not figure out why I was nearly falling asleep at work every afternoon. It finally dawned on my doctor that I most likely had sleep apnea. I couldn't do the test fast enough to get my CPAP. It CHANGED MY LIFE -- for the better. I cannot go to sleep with out my CPAP and bite guard. Yes, a living doll at night. I even too my CPAP to Europe for 3 weeks last year.

Once you get though the tests and get your machine, your life will be changed!

I have had cpap for 2 years now. I use the nasal pillows so there isn't a mask over your face. If I don't use it the next day my throat is sore and I can barely get out of bed. However by the time the morning comes I can't wait to rip it off my face lol!!!

Hi. I have my consultation today and am afraid I will be diagnosed with this very same problem. I just don't want to delay the process any further but I understand it's for my own good. I to wake up exhausted every day and have suspected for awhile I have sleep apnea as my husband tells me my snoring is terrible. I am so excited for this surgery and I'm impatient. Good luck to you. Do you have a surgery date yet?

i don't have a surgery date yet. Waiting on the endoscopy center to schedule my EGD - and they are taking their time. I want this all DONE asap. I am already over the pre-tests I am ready to do my 2 week of liquid hell diet and get the surgery over with before I chicken out. just kidding kind of. I don't think I will chicken out at this point but numerous friends have criticized me for my decision and even though I KNOW in my heart this is right for me, the conversation always leaves me feeling defeated like maybe they're right and I can't do this. But I know they are wrong and uneducated and I have more supporters then non so I'm just going to keep trucking along I am just ready for it to be done.

do you have your surgery date yet?

The worst part of the sleep study I thought was trying to get all the goop out of my hair. It took about 5 good hair washings to get it to come out.

Oh my, the goop! I just kept finding remnants of it everywhere. Definitely plan time for a good shower before work!