Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out, no weight lost/help

I am so depressed. I had the sleeve 8/3, I had lost 16lbs in 3 weeks from doing the preop diet. I do not own a scale, mostly because I do not want to get obsessed, and I know I will weigh 1-2 times a day if I have one, so I rather not. Anyway my first post op last week, I only lost 1/2 lb and was upset, and surgeon said it's nothing to be concerned about as in the hospital you usually gain from all the fluids. Anyway I weighed today, a week later and it was the same. I am so strict with the diet, have not cheated at all, and no weight lost, how could this be. I am even freaking out a little. Is this just gonna be another failure, it took me 3 years to get up the nerve to do the surgery. Please has anyone else experienced this, should I be worried, thanks

Everyone is different and your journey will be yours alone. Hang in there and the weight loss will come! Good luck!

Hang in there. I had my surgery 8/6/15. Lost 20 lbs only. At a stand still for a couple days. Are you exercising?

If you didn't weigh yourself right after surgery then it's possible that you could have gained weight due to the fluids. I've heard of people leaving the hospital over 10 pounds heavier. So actually you could have lost weight and may not know.

Thank you, it better come off. I have very bad knee problems, but today I joined a gym for 5 bucks, so I dd the stationary bike and elliptical, but did not do much, like 20 minutes. Doc said I cannot go in pool or ride my outdoor bike until week 4, and I cannot walk more then about 10 minutes. I hope something helps, if not I will wait another week, then call the nut, and see what she thinks. I do not see doc again until 9/9

Its called the 3 week stall, search for it and you will find alot of info. keep with the program, it will pass. Good Luck!

Start taking your measurements (neck, bust, chest, waist, hips, thigh, calves, biceps). Also start making a photo journal. This was especially helpful to me during the times the scale was saying I wasn't losing.

Please also remember - you just had major surgery, you've cut your calories. Your body is saying "What the heck are you doing now?"

Just relax - you will lose. Keep following your doc/nut plan. Everyone's body loses at their own pace - sometimes that's not fast enough for our brains.

You got this!

I haven't had surgery yet -- but, given the weight loss totals by everybody on this board, I'm sure your number will catch up soon. :)

It's the 3 week stall that 99% of people go through. No worries. Keep on keepin on!

I was one of the lucky ones that gained 10 pounds from swelling and fluids. Thankfully I have started losing but experiencing the 3 weeks stall now.

I can see my body shrinking and co-workers ask me daily if I'm losing weight. So I know I'm losing inches.

Chin up...the scales will start going down soon. ????????

Thanks again guys. From 7/16 until day of surgery 8/3 I was down 16 lbs, but since surgery all I have lost is 1/2 lb. I probably did gain liquid weight in hospital, but did not weigh before I left. I just read how some of you in 1 month are down 20-30lbs, and yes i know we are all different, but why haven't I lost even a whole pound. If I was cheating i would say it, I am not like that, like someone talked about why are they not losing and they are eating donuts, ridiculous. I have not had any sugar, except for fruit, which i have had very little of. I need to see the scale move for encouragement, so I hope it happens soon, Monday will be 4 weeks, thanks again

I had survey 8/4 and when I was weighed on 8/10 I was only down 4 pounds ! That was disappointing ! I don't on a scale ! But I go back to the dr on Monday and I will be weighed again. I'll keep you posted!

I Had surgery yesterday and they just weighed me now, I am up 5 pounds. Nothing to worry about yet. Just follow the program. Everyone is different.

I was one of the lucky ones that gained 10 pounds from swelling and fluids. Thankfully I have started losing but experiencing the 3 weeks stall now.

I can see my body shrinking and co-workers ask me daily if I'm losing weight. So I know I'm losing inches.

Chin up...the scales will start going down soon.

AMEN @@tcon !

I am in the exact same boat as you ...

That 3 week stall can take a hike ...

I KNOW I'm loosing inches, just like you ... took me 5 tries this morning to get a shirt on that didn't hang on me and make me look like a frump ...

But isn't that a good problem to have ?!

I've gone down a size in pants ... but even the new size hangs on my hips and is baggy in the thighs ... Another good problem!

So while the scale says "yeah whatever" ... Our bodies are finally understanding the change we put it through and is saying " HECK YEAH LADY!"

Everyone .... WE GOT THIS!!! WAHHOOOO!

When your body stalls thank the heavens cause when you do lose it will be multiples and you will feel great. Just keep up the good habits.