Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Hi all!

I just got the call for my surgery time tomorrow!!! I should be recovering by this time tomorrow and couldn't be more excited about it!!! Just wanted to shout it from the rooftop!!!!

I was nervous and anxious until this morning when I got really excited about it. I don't know what switch was flipped but all of my fears and anxieties have gone away and I hope this all for you too!! We're all on the road to 'smaller' and better things and we should be excited for the new path ahead.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Stay tuned! I'll post updates on my progress for anyone who is interested!! :)

Yaaaaay I'm super duper excited for you!!!!! Wishing you all the best tomorrow and a safe and speedy recovery!!!!!

Edited by Sleevefornellie

Sending prayers and hugs.

Yes, I'm utterly excited for you also!!! Tomorrow is my BIG day as well. I'm trying to process how time flew & now I'm here. I will watch for your post!

Hi all!!! Just woke up from yet another nap. Am feeling a little better to post this. Dr came in and said my surgery went very very well. Was down 16 lbs when I came in this morning so my liver was nice and shrunken. CAm in a little pain (gas is actually in abdomen not shoulders) but I'm already up and walking!!!! Even tho I feel drunk when they have me do that.

Hope all went well with your surgery Lisa!!! I'm ready to begin the rest of my life!! :)

Congratulations!!!!! So excited for you!

Sorry it has been so long since I've updated on my progress! I'm home now!! Had to stay an extra night for observation since I was not eating (drinking) enough. But I loved my nurse staff so I didn't mind it much. The ride home was ok, but I am so very glad to be home! Got on the scale and lost 4 lbs since the surgery. No weight loss right after they said because of all the fluids and such from surgery, but now I feel like I'm on a roll!

Drinking enough and walking are sooooo important! I can't tell you how much better and more normal I feel now that I got my fluids in. Every little bit helps!!

Hunger is gone, but I can't even begin to tell you how badly I want a giant salted soft pretzel. Guess that's been my only craving since surgery. Maybe just the lack of salted stuff that I was so used to eating. Beef broth I guess just isn't cutting it lol but overall these past few days have been easier than the prior and each day gets that much better :)

Good luck tomorrow!

Glad all went well. We can do this!