Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet day 1...

...and period day 2.

Are you freakin' kidding me, universe?!?!

:o... :wacko:... <_<... :angry:

You made it through the toughest day of this whole thing. I promise as the days go by it gets much easier.

I think after day 3 I just did not even care anymore.

The important thing is to leverage a good quality chicken both to offset all the sweet from the Protein. It is warm satisfying, salty and delicious.

Don't use the stuff from a can, I swear it tastes like what toilet Water would taste like. Either make some hood broth from homemade or use mrs. Grass chicken noodle Soup mix but leave the noodles out. Just use the seasoning packet and little golden egg and Water.< /p>

I was so thankful when my bariatric team told me to make homemade broth vs. using the canned garbage.

Take it one day at a time and keep your eye on the prize. You actually get a lot of benefit out of the liquid diet. Your liver loses weight immediately making the surgery easier, you break a lot of good habits, you end up so sick of sugar that it is hard to tolerate after.

Good luck to you on your diet and upcoming surgery.

Thanks, @@Djmohr! I have the boxed kind of broth on hand, which seems less gross to me than canned, including some of the Swanson flavor-infused broths (Mexican Tortilla and Chinese Hot and Sour). But I think I also have a package of Mrs. Grass Soup in the cupboard (always keep it on hand for when I'm sick). I also have a packet of Unjury's chicken soup flavored Protein powder.

I just have no idea what I did in a past life to deserve having my first day of my liquid diet coincide with the second (read: worst) day of my period. Blergh.

I quite enjoy the box broths. There are many different flavors to choose from too.

Don't forget french onion Soup can be strained too. That's pretty tasty stuff.

I can attest to the fact that sugary stuff just isn't doing it for me either, post surgery. I have cut down even my sweetener intake at least half (If I used 4 packets, I'm now using two or even one). Everything "sweet" tastes so sickeningly sweet to me now. Weird. GOOD, (because I was a sugar-aholic), but weird.

I know that has to be horrible to have both things going at same time, but Djmohr is right, you've made it through the worst day already. Soon you really won't care, and just do what you have to do.

@@lauraellen80 I liked the flavor infused broths too. I drank hot teas too, just to have some variety.

So today went okay. I had a dentist appointment this morning, then therapy, but after that I spent most of the day on the couch with a heating pad and my bottle of Water. I had a cup of the Mexican flavor broth for supper and thought it was pretty good. I have my pre-admission appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. $h!t's gettin' real now!

Thanks, @@Djmohr! I have the boxed kind of broth on hand, which seems less gross to me than canned, including some of the Swanson flavor-infused broths (Mexican Tortilla and Chinese Hot and Sour). But I think I also have a package of Mrs. Grass Soup in the cupboard (always keep it on hand for when I'm sick). I also have a packet of Unjury's chicken soup flavored Protein powder.< /p>

I just have no idea what I did in a past life to deserve having my first day of my liquid diet coincide with the second (read: worst) day of my period. Blergh.

It does definitely get better. ..I just finished my 15 day liquid pre-op diet (surgery in the morning)

.. went to lunch today with my husband to a Chinese restaurant. ..and had the broth from Oriental soup. ... and it was amazing! !! Tasted like a PRIME USDA STEAK!!!!!

@@lauraellen80 how long is your pre-op?

2 weeks, my surgery is June 15th.