Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on Day 1 of my pre-op and I'm beyond hangry. I don't want this broth, I don't want these people bothering me, I just want to throw a tantrum and then eat a pound of food.

I know it will pass, but good LORD this is the worst.

How did you deal with being hangry?

I dont know how I did it but I did. You will be able to get through it. After day 3 you will not feel as bad. I just stayed so focused on the surgery. I stayed to myself and after work I went straight to bed. I didnt want to smell food so I stayed away from food and people to be honest. I just became anti-social for a little while.

It was NOT easy. That pre-op diet is the WORST. Hang in there. It does get a little easier after the first couple of days. Not "easy", but "easier".

sugar-free popsicles. LOTS OF THEM!!! They give you crunch and chew. And you can have them! There are lots of good flavors out there, too.

If this how you handle day one, what will it be like for you after the surgery? You can't get your stomach back. Period. Why are you doing this? What is your point, your goal? It is tough now, and it is going to get TOUGHER! For weeks, and maybe months. Reality check. Make 100 percent you want this for yourself, then get ahold of yourself and DO IT! You have lots of support here, and we who have gone through it know your suffering. But we got through it. We loved ourselves to do this for ourselves, enough to suffer for it. And we succeed! It is not an easy thing, and it is a life long endeavor. READ THE POSTS of everyone who has done it. We live this life for the REST of our lives. It is our future!

Sugar free-Popsicle's are the truth. Mostly humans have a need to chew their food. The crunch and chewing alleviates the hunger fast. I rather have them then the damn Protein or yogurt or even the plain oatmeal my group was told to eat. I mean who eats plain oatmeal- no sugar, no milk, no nothing. The good news is after surgery you won't be hungry.

I agree with @@CanyonBaby in that this is just the beginning of what is going to be a VERY tough period of your life. You have to keep your eye on the prize. Know that through all the ups and downs, in the long term, it WILL be worth it. I don't envy where you are now, because I remember how rough the next few months were once my pre-op started. But now, almost 8 months post-op, it feels SO worth it. Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. Just try to make it to the end of each day. Go to bed as soon as you get home from work if you have to! Do what you need to do to stick to the plan and make it through.

Honestly, every time i got hungry i went into the mens room lifted my shirt and punched myself real hard in the stomach...

No just kidding. I kept a picture of my wife next to me and everytime i thought about food i would look at her and remember that i was doing this so we could be together for a lot longer than if i didnt do it. I used her image to reinforce my own dwindling will power.

Also try keeping a blog, it really helps to let these things out.

Sounds crazy but it helps.

@@AELee

Oh, yeah, there is hunger, HEAD HUNGER! One of the most difficult things in WLSer's life, and it is a pisser! Having newly been sleeved, you may not have it yet, but read all the posts about it, from all the folks who have had WLS. It is something to contend with, alright, and it is devilishly difficult to deal with. We have eaten for a lifetime, and developed a pattern for eating, and our minds are not going to let go of that easily. Sure, our tummies are full, but our heads say "where's the rest of it? You don't expect me to live on THAT, do you?"!!! It'll come, unfortunately, it'll come. How to deal with it? Change. Our thoughts, our habits, our lives. Not easy. NO WAY.

@@Stevehud

Your lady is a LUCKY gal! You are so supportive of the folks on here, so I'm gonna say I'm in serious "like" with you.....no worries to your wife or my husband, it's just nice to see such support!

I'm in day 7. What helped me is knowing every pound I lose now is one less to lose after surgery.... Therefore making me closer to goal.

Also the surgeons picture of a fatty liver vs a healthy one helped too!

sugar-free popsicles. LOTS OF THEM!!! They give you crunch and chew. And you can have them! There are lots of good flavors out there, too.

If this how you handle day one, what will it be like for you after the surgery? You can't get your stomach back. Period. Why are you doing this? What is your point, your goal? It is tough now, and it is going to get TOUGHER! For weeks, and maybe months. Reality check. Make 100 percent you want this for yourself, then get ahold of yourself and DO IT! You have lots of support here, and we who have gone through it know your suffering. But we got through it. We loved ourselves to do this for ourselves, enough to suffer for it. And we succeed! It is not an easy thing, and it is a life long endeavor. READ THE POSTS of everyone who has done it. We live this life for the REST of our lives. It is our future!

Oh, I am a complainer. That's what I do .But I will make it through this, I have no doubt. Eye on the prize!

@@yamshams hangry is a word I use often!!!!! I am DAY 12 of my liquid diet and I am about tired...I'm exhausted. I'm Hangry. I'm a hot mess lol

Edited by erose321

My husband went for his preop today. Surgery is 8 days away for him. I still have 2 months for mine. He has no food restrictions other than he can not gain. It is so crazy how different doctors are

I've been a bit irritable the last few days but I'm proud for having made it this far. Only 7 days to go.

I haven't felt hungry but I will say I'm sick of shakes already. Lol

Edited by SkyDreams