Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now 6 months out an lost 120lb which I am very happy about. But my hunger is starting to creep up on me again. I am a massage therapist so I move a lot but I am hungry after every massage. I eat a ok amount of Protein but should I up it since I never stop moving?

Protein, Protein, protein. Carbs seriously slow my roll. I got to the point at about where you are at, that it would be ok to put crackers in my chili, or eat my tuna salad on a piece of toast, or have just that sample bite of cake at the grocery store bakery. Here is what happens to me: starches and sweets make me hungry for more starches and sweets. This past Sunday, I decided to stopped drinking beverages that I was putting sweetener in and stop putting sweetener in everything I make (chili, tuna salad, deviled eggs, yogurt and berries, etc. Frankly, I was putting it in everything to not feel so deprived of sweets. Since I eliminated 30+ sweetener packets a day, the scale has started moving again.

I bought some gherkin pickles and eat one with an ounce of cheese for snack. That vinegary taste kills the desire for anything else for quite a while. Plus, I am brushing my teeth after every meal and snack to get the food taste out of my mouth. I was eating nuts for snack, but one ounce quickly becomes a cup with mindless eating. Also, I have gone back to weighing, measuring, and logging everything to regain Portion Control. I have upped my Water to 100 ounces. I have increased my exercise.

If I can give one word of advice, it is this scientific concept of research: You cannot control that which you do not measure. What I had to do was get rough on myself to regain my power over the beast. I did not like working up a sweat when I exercise, either, but I have come to realize that sweat is fat crying.

"sweat is fat crying" ! I love that quote. My hunger has taken over a bit too. A year ago, I could never imagine working my way up to 1100-1200 calories a day, but here I am! My Fitness Pal is saving me, and starting this week, back to the doctor I go for my weekly weigh-ins. (I prefer 1X a week on a calibrated scale.)

My trigger food is starch. If I eat a starchy carb, my body craves more. For others, it's sweets, for others, the trigger is fat. Eventually, the sleeve only slows down how long it takes us to overeat, it no longer prevents it. So measure, weigh, focus on Protein, and breathe. You got this!

And yes, up the Protein and check your calorie goal with your NUT. I found my energy was extremely low when I wasn't eating enough.