Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a little down.!

First off happy New Years everyone.!

Well I been feeling a little down lately..I weigh myself every Sunday. And on the 9th it will be 4 months since surgery but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.. I'm still eating the same like I did the 2nd month no fast food no Grease all healthy food and Protein. Doing my exercise and all..I lost 40lbs.. Maybe I'm expecting to much.. Idk.. Just sad and confused..HELP.! Please ????

Everyone is gonna ask if you're tracking your food.....

Do you live in a area where there is no sun most days and it's cold from the weather and snow and stuff? I get like that in the winter all the time? Winter Blues? This holiday time doesn't help either. I have been feeling the same way, you have to find new ways of picking yourself up and moving forward. It's not easy but you just have to keep moving. Good Luck!!!

Have you had your post surgery blood work done? Maybe a Vitamin deficiency?

Edited by catdaddy

I live in Chicago.. We went a few weeks with no sun.. Very gloomy.. But we have some today. I know my Vitamin D is low it's been low since forever even before surgery.. I go for a check on the 17th.. Hopefully they can tell me something..thanks.. I forgot about the Vitamin d

I would track all of my food, ensure your Protein and Water and speak with your doctor you might have to increase your calorie intake . Good luck.

Yes...its Very Important to get the Extra Vitamins you may need. Try going to health food store or try Nature's Best sometimes you get a buy one get second at half price. Aside from my Post-Op Bariateic Vitamins, I also take: liquid B, B-12, D, Biotin, Calcium w/ Magnesium, Organic Vitamin. I also joined a Gym...$10.00 a month, because it's Cold here too, but when I go to the Gym I feel a Great sense of accomplishment. Oh, the gym...Planet Fitness...Judgment Free Zone! Hang in there I feel the same way at times...but it doesn't last! All I have to do is Put on clothes and I LOOK & FEEL GREAT!

Chin up sunshine. :) you can do this. Just think every pound lost is 16oz that wasn't gained. Never measure yourself against others as we are all different. A food diary will help. Sometimes we don't realize the calories until everything is actually written down in black and white. It will help. Can you add fish to your diet? That might give you new options and help brighten things up. Also. Vitamins take your meds honey :) chewable and make sure to get a supplement for d. I also take a b complex as prescribed by dr. Hope you are feeling top shape soon.

Ditto.....

Too cold to walk outside. Starting the gym next week. I do track my food and liquids, take all the Vitamins and still feel like I'm loosing too slow. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I've only lost 42 lbs since I started my 2 week liquid diet, and had surgery on Nov. 11. I keep thinking that by 8 weeks out I should have lost more.

Sometimes I think I eat too much. I don't seem to get as full as quickly, and don't have a problem eating about 2/3 cup of food at a meal. I eat only lean Protein and healthy veggies/fruits, and I know my calories are no more than about 600 a day, but I worry that my pouch is stretching....

How much is everyone else eating???

I would start tracking and get rid of the Protein shakes. liquid calories are a huge no no after the first month!!! You should be getting your Protein in through real solid food, per my nut. It's very easy to take in too many calories thorough liquids, the shakes are only for the beginning part of soft food. Your well beyond that now.

Your pouch will work best with solids and you need to track everything you eat to make sure your calories and carbs are in check.