Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op and have not met my Protein goal 1 day. I'm having a hard time eating because I don't want to. I am extremely tired and i know it's because I'm not eating enough. I got a virtual infection that just has to run its course and I started my monthly cycle after not having it for years!! I am depressed and will be visiting a pyc on the 7th. I don't think I can succeed because I have no will right now! Is it possible to have the surgery revered?

Vinnie hang in there it gets better!! Look at my previous posts I am only two weeks out I was feeling the same way! Met with my dr on the 31st he put me on purees and soft foods k am feeling a lot better, granted I am not taking in all the necessary Protein but life's not as bad! I still have my days emotionally I am never se to eat like before, few bites I'm done. We just need to allow our body and mind to adjust to all these changes. But trust me if I can do it so can you! Hang in there. Let me know if you need any advise or support I'll help you as much as I can.

Maybe try going outside for some fresh air and to distract yourself thats what helps me or if you can go for a walk .

It is rough in the beginning but it eventually gets better. It took me 6 months to reach my Happy State.

Hey Vinnie...I never post...mostly just a lurker but your post touched me...I'm 3 weeks out also December 10th...I have the same feeling about eating and declared to my sister yesterday I officially hate food...lol...but I know it's hard...if this helps...when I wake up in the morning I mix 16 oz of Water with 4 scoops of Protein Powder in my shaker cup...thats 54 grams of protein...I sip on it throughout the day until its gone which is usually 3 or for hours...now u only have 20 more to go...so I will scramble an egg eat cottage cheese or tuna...some people think I'm crazy but I like sardines...a great source of Protein 23g per can...high in sodium about 600mg but if they allow us to drink broth sardines shouldn't be so bad...hang in there...if u need someone to talk to let me know...we can do this...I feel weak a lot of days also...but im down 23 pounds post opt and 43 total...we are going to be summertime fine...lol

I am two weeks out and have some of the same issues. I have started setting the timer on my phone and I eat something every two hours. I am hoping this will up my calorie intake and give me more energy. Good luck to all, and we are all going to make it through this phase.

Peace

Laura

It gets better once your on full foods. Remember that you still have internal swelling. It really does get better all around.

My doctor only requires me to have 60 grams of Protein a day, and I usually get that in by drinking Premier Protein shakes. They are not thick like some of the powder ones, and have 30 grams of Proteins each, with only 1gram of sugar. My favorite is the chocolate, and they are the only ones that have worked for me. Everyone is different, though. As far as not being hungry and not wanting to eat, I just have to think about how much better I will feel if I get in a few drinks of shakes...that I might feel like getting dressed and going out and doing something. It motivates me. Good luck to you!

(Also 3 weeks postoperative) I just discovered isoprene. It is amazingly easy to take in. I have been doing the premiere Protein, but I have gotten tired of the milky texture. I still drink it, but it feels heavy and chalky. Isopure is like drinking Gatorade or something. It's clear, light and it has a whopping 40g of protein. Zero carbs so, how can that be bad?. I feel better today after getting a couple of these drinks down. I hope this helps you.

You might want to try GENEPRO (I bought mine in Amazon). You only need 1 tbs for 30 grams of protein! It has no taste and mixes into anything (crystal light, broth, yogurt, apple sauce, etc...) without leaving a funky taste. It's really helped me!

I am very grateful that my surgeon looked me in the eye after surgery and clearly said, "It is going to take 3 months before you really get your stamina back and your energy levels start going up." That really set realistic expectations for me.

You really need to strive for the goals that your surgeon's team sets for you, but know that every individual's experience differs. For me, I sailed through the first 3 weeks on a high, then slammed into a wall when I tried to make the transition into solid foods. Spent several weeks (okay, a couple of months) trying to adjust food volume, pace and tolerance.

It evens out eventually. It gets better. It's worth it.

Hang in there!

Hi BNIMShine where do they sell premiere. If at most I am getting 20-26 gm a day

I'm just a little over 3weeks post op(Dec.15) and reading all your post are very helpful. I too am having problems getting my Protein in because I can't stand the taste. I will try some your suggestions. Thanks