Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair falling out again 13 months post op?

I did have a bit of hair loss around months 3-6, mostly on the right temple. I have been taking 20,000mg of Biotin per day for about three months and have noticed my hair thickening in every other place except that. Now I've even noticed that hair is starting to fall out from that area exclusively again. I have been wearing wigs for the last year because the bald spot looks really bad and is so noticeable; I have super fine hair to begin with.

Is this normal, and is there a way to stop it or something I can do to stimulate growth? I do the whole Nioxin thing already. I would really like to be able to have long hair again but that side of my head just doesn't grow. :( Advice?

Rubbing Jamaican Black Caster oil on my temples helped that. However I'm not sure it works on Caucasian hair. It's very thick though so I would only recommend using it at night. The problem is wearing wigs may actually be working against you since they can be hard on you temples. I would recommend finding a really good hair stylist who can work with your hair.

Boot on helps re grow but Protein and zinc can help prevent losing. I was told to suspect deficiency if Hair loss goes on at one year post op. Hoswver, what you describe really does sound like rubbing since in one spot.

Getting in more than 80g of Protein a day. I have had multiple hair dressers say Hair loss is from lack of protein on the "inside." Keep taking all your Vitamins, and stay hydrated.

Lumpy, how much Protein do you think you're getting in daily?

Lumpy, I think you should see a dermatologist. Hair loss in one spot could be some other form of alopecia, and may or may not be related to weight loss.

hair is starting to fall out from that area exclusively again.?

@@LumpySpacePrincess

@@MichiganChic said ,,,,,"may or may not be related to weight loss". :blink:

I was thinking the same thing

good comments advice above :)

i talked to my hairdresser when i had issues 3+ months PO

she told me to use Bioten (wish i had known that before :mellow: )

worked for me :)

instead of a wig

could you get an extension?? :rolleyes:

always thought they were cool :)

good luck

kathy