Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 years post op, lost 160# and maintaining... transformed in looks and other ways too.

I had something happen the other night that sort of blew me away. I decided to stop at a upscale "taphouse" to sample a fancy holiday brew. I have gone in there before with my sons, but it was just one of those impulse things.

So, i sit at the bar and the place was starting to clear out as the Seahawks game was over. I sat next to what I assumed was a "couple". The bartender started talking to me in a familiar way so I figured he thought i am younger than I am so I mentioned that I had been in a few times with my sons. that shut him down. :) I use that tack with anyone who looks under about 35.

Anyway, the woman in the "couple" next to me said "I cannot believe you are old enough to have two sons of drinking age". I told her I am 50. She went on to genuinely compliment me that she hopes she looks as good as i do at 50. Then she told me... it was more than looks - it was attitude, comfortable with my self, the way I dressed... my "style"

Then she went on to make sure I knew that the guy she was with was "just a friend". Ha. They invited me to go to dinner with them at a nearby Italian place. I did join them for a glass of wine, but not dinner.

Anyway, I have been reflecting on this because I felt her words were genuine, and I sort of saw myself for a few minutes through the eyes of someone who never saw me obese. Who never knew that even a year ago I would NEVER walk into a taphouse by myself much less sit at the bar. Who never knew that I used to buy clothes based on they at least sorta fit... to now having my own sense of style. My confidence in this new life as a trim person continues to grow.

That's not a tear....just something in my eye.

What a journey Cowgirl, how you have grown!

That what this is about, learning to love ourselves

enough so that it shows on the outside!

Keep up the posts, I love reading your words!

Good for you! I enjoy reading your stories! P.S. Did you get the guy's number? :)

ha! Well, SHE gave me her number. I think she was pretty interested in hooking us up. He seemed cool - but, not sure I will call to track him down.

Miss Mac - your siggy really made me smile! In general, I have the "no regrets" philosophy but I admit... there are a few pages I would like to erase and REWRITE!

I wish the book of my life was written in pencil.

There are a few pages I would like to erase.

I am 3 years post op, lost 160# and maintaining... transformed in looks and other ways too.

I had something happen the other night that sort of blew me away. I decided to stop at a upscale "taphouse" to sample a fancy holiday brew. I have gone in there before with my sons, but it was just one of those impulse things.

So, i sit at the bar and the place was starting to clear out as the Seahawks game was over. I sat next to what I assumed was a "couple". The bartender started talking to me in a familiar way so I figured he thought i am younger than I am so I mentioned that I had been in a few times with my sons. that shut him down. :) I use that tack with anyone who looks under about 35.

Anyway, the woman in the "couple" next to me said "I cannot believe you are old enough to have two sons of drinking age". I told her I am 50. She went on to genuinely compliment me that she hopes she looks as good as i do at 50. Then she told me... it was more than looks - it was attitude, comfortable with my self, the way I dressed... my "style"

Then she went on to make sure I knew that the guy she was with was "just a friend". Ha. They invited me to go to dinner with them at a nearby Italian place. I did join them for a glass of wine, but not dinner.< /p>

Anyway, I have been reflecting on this because I felt her words were genuine, and I sort of saw myself for a few minutes through the eyes of someone who never saw me obese. Who never knew that even a year ago I would NEVER walk into a taphouse by myself much less sit at the bar. Who never knew that I used to buy clothes based on they at least sorta fit... to now having my own sense of style. My confidence in this new life as a trim person continues to grow.

I hope to be in your shoes someday. I was once "beautiful" as many would say. I used to have men whistling at me and I always had the attention. Once I do lose all this weight I wonder what it's going to be like and will I get all this attention I once had? I am happily married( second marriage) ......so it's gonna get interesting in 2015. Btw, I have seen many of your posts so you are in a good place now. Thanks for being so inspiring for others and me ????.

Love this!!! got me a little choked up. Happy Thanksgiving!

Uh ... Cowgirljane ... uh ... she wasn't trying to set you up with her just-a-friend guy friend. She was ... uh ...

Uh ... Cowgirljane ... uh ... she wasn't trying to set you up with her just-a-friend guy friend. She was ... uh ...

Lol. I was thinking the same thing as I read the original post ;)

Summer

beautiful

This post made me so happy because what happened to you that night is what all of us want. Not to be judged, just considered equal and normal.

Great post! I love reading all you write (I've been lurking here for 2 years lol). You are an inspiration ♡

Thank you, Sheena :-)