Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss slowing

I was sleeved in Mexico on July 1st. I lost 18 pounds before surgery and have lost 50 pounds since then. I am feeling discouraged with myself. I know it sounds like lots of weight but I am afraid of this slow down in the last few weeks. Has anyone else had experience with this? I have been tracking my food and going to the gym and I work full time. I am 58 and want this to work. How long will the weight loss continue? I have heard a year or six months. I am confused. Any advice? Anyone going through the same thing or has gone through the same thing?

I will be 63 on Dedember first and will be a year with my sleeve on December 23. Like you, I did gangbusters at the start and then the weight loss slowed dow. Eventually I got to 172, but I gone betwee, 172 and 174 for almost five months.

I have tried eating less (600) calories and eating more (1000) calories. I have tried intermittant fasting and weight training twice a week. It just seems like my body has developed a new set point and I don't like it.

I realize that there are several women on the forum who have set their goal in that range, but I am short and just cannot stop there. So, now I am a 172 pound woman who needs to lose another 40 pounds to be in a healthy weight range for my age. Am I discouraged? Sure. Am I giving up? Hail No!

Hang in there with me girlfriend. Just stay determined.

While it seems unfair that you can do everything right and still not lose weight (at least for a while), remember that healthy eating habits and exercise make you stronger, more vibrant and more fabulous. It's totally worth it to persevere. Especially since you know that eventually your body will stop being so contrary and begin to release the weight again after it gets past whatever stupid thing is slowing the weight loss.

I'm a bit younger (48), but here's a rough breakdown of my weightloss.....

16 days preop . Lost 22 pounds

0-3 months postop. Lost 30 pounds

4-6 months postop. Lost 26 pounds

6-7/12 months. Lost 10 pounds

7 1/2-11 months lost 10-12 pounds and have stabilized.

So other than on the preop, I've never averaged more than 10pounds/month. I welcomed the slower loss. Sounds like you are in the same ballpark. Just keep on plan.

I felt very strongly about not severely restricting my calories from the get go. I didn't want my metabolism to slow down in order to accommodate "starvation mode". And upping my food intake is what usually busted my stalls. I'm not a daily tracker, but a few calories spot checks along the way had me at 1000 calories by 2-3 months, 1200 calories by 6 months and I'm maintaining around 1400-1600. But everyone is different.

You got this! Just stick with it and find a formula that works for you. I live by Protein. Water. Vitamins. Balanced, healthy meals. Variety and Being active. This is a lifetime adventure and being healthier is worth at least as much as what the scale says.

Wow, I'm blown away. You guys are doing so great... I'm way behind where you are and feeling like I've missed the boat. I've lost

14 days preop . Lost 10 pounds
0-3 months postop. Lost 28 pounds
4-6 months postop. Lost 8 pounds
I wish I had worked harder to stay on track during Thanksgiving and Christmas - would have been so much closer to my goals. Live and learn, right? My NUT is saying I'm still on track, and I've re-committed to the plan. 1 wk loss of 3 lbs is a good way to kick off my re-committment :)

We all have to remember it's not a race to see who losses quickest, it's a life long journey and for every pound lost we should Celebrate it