Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BAD stall- almost 5 mths out...

i have hit a BAD stall and stuck at my current number for the past 2 weeks. scale moves 0.5 up, then 0.5 down, and back and forth...

i have put off officially joining any gym and have been doing day passes and such, but i think this is my wake up call to get an official membership, get some training, and a program.

i am also thinking about doing a 2-3 day shake only re-boot.

any suggestions are appreciated...

I only weigh once a week.. On Sunday morning... I told myself after this surgery I was changing everything on this journey.. I refuse to get caught up in the day to day ups and downs on the scale... I know the weight is coming off and I know I will hit stalls .. However I will not determine my mood by my scale nor will I be a slave to my scale. I am 9 weeks out... I hit a stall for three weeks... Last Sunday down eight pounds ...relax .. Follow your plan and good things will happen !alyce

You may also want to try other ways of gauging your success - taking your measurements and lots of pictures of yourself will help during times the scale doesn't move.

I lost 5 inches during a scale stall - knowing that helped get me thru the stall. I could see differences in my body, too.

BAD stall past 2 weeks.

@@mi75

it is soooo frustrating dealing with stalls :angry:

when you are in a stall it seems like forever :angry:

as @@McButterpants said, take your measurements - you can see and feel a difference

not to minimize your 2 week stall, but that reallllly isn't a major stall

i've seen people on the board having a 2-3 month periods without loosing any weight :angry:

but i do understand that 2 weeks feels like 2-3 months at least

hopefully your stall will break sooner than later :)

i'm sure you are doing everything by the book, righhhht????? :unsure:

the Water rules IMO are the most important to follow :)

drink 64 oz water

stop drinking 30 minutes before you eat

never drink while you eat (people have been shot for less :o :D )

don't drink for one hour after you eat

and of course plenty of Protein

exercise is great too

if you want to sign up at the gym - go for it :)

it has been said to do "this or that" to break your stall

but, you don't know if what you are doing helped break the stall

or.......the stall finally ran its course :)

you are doing great

down 59 lbs!!! :)

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats

thanks everyone, taking suggestions to heart. focusing on the good. definitely feeling awesome. losing some size too, even though scale is locked up.

MAJOR improvement today, included a full shake, increased liquids, AND power walked...

moving in the right direction! thanks

My Doctor told me that if I encounter a stall, I need to wait 2 weeks. If it's longer, change your walking. If you were walking on pavement, walk at the gym or grass or something other. For some reason that usually changes it. I hope you start back on the losing side !

I literally feel like I have stalled since week 2.

I'm now week 7.

I lost 11 pounds week 1.

Then 4 pounds week 2.

Weeks 3-7 I've lost 7.8 pounds.

I know I should be happy but honestly this has been 4 weeks of the scale not moving then moving down a pound only to move up 1.7 etc.... UGH. I'm truly wanting to throw away my scale. I've had the thoughts like, ok I lost a bunch at first and my body is catching up. But honestly. It's so frustrating seeing the scale say the same thing over and over.

I have gotten smaller. I wish I had taken measurements ????. I started a size 22 and wore a size 18 to work today.

My heaviest weight was 264

Surgery weight was 259

Current weight 237.2

I eat every 2 hours, mostly all Protein. I do have granola in my yogurt. Is there too many carbs?

I have fish or chicken for lunch and cottage cheese for snack. I've quit Protein shakes (unless I can't get food with a busy schedule) as my literature from my surgeon says to try and stay away from drinking Protein. And I really do get enough. 60-90 grams a day.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is having struggles like mine?

Will I eventually see a significant drop???

I'm happy don't get me wrong, I have no regrets. I think I'm impatient is all.

@lessofmevsg...you are in patient. You didn't get to 264 pounds in 7 weeks, don't expect to lose it all in 7 weeks. Be patient...breath...You're doing great.

My starting weight and loss were almost the same as yours.

Stop weighing to much is bad for your soul. Start taking your measurements - it's totally worth it. Also, start documenting with pictures. My husband hid the scale from me and brought it out once per week - that saved my sanity.

I'm 4 & 1/2 months out and stalled for three weeks. I stopped my Protein bars and started yoga. I've dropped 3 pounds in the past 7 days.

I just hated the stall and I posted about it here and finally came through it. Hang in there.

the scale has moved but only a little bit. anything is good though! joining a gym today so my workouts will definitely change.

on a positive note,i can definitely see big changes in my size and measurements. it's funny because up until now when i looked in the mirror i looked the same as pre-surgery. now i am really starting to see something. everyone else has been commenting for several weeks. i guess they were right!

I thought I'd throw in my two bits from a mans perspective. I hear ya on stalls, in the beginning they really bothered me, but after almost three months I'm learning that they are just a symptom of the surgery. I seem to lose for about two weeks then stall for two weeks, but the weight is coming off and as it does I'm feeling better and stronger. When everyone says your body is changing even in stalls, they're right! Personally, I don't take measurements, but since before surgery in August I was wearing a 46" waist in my jeans and 3XL shirts were snug, now three months later, I'm wearing 40" waist and I just tried on 38" and they are just a little snug and same for XL shirts, maybe another 5- 10 lbs. to be comfortable. So the moral of the story is, the scale only tells part of the story, and stalls are just part of the process, let the journey unfold, your journey is unique for you. Looks like you're doing OK, keep it up and have faith in your new lifestyle.