Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering....do most of you eat the yolk when you hard boil the eggs? I've been only eating the egg white but was wondering if it's better to also have the yolk.

Thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned you're missing out the best bit of the egg if you only eat the whites. Why would you not eat the yolk? If it's to do with cholesterol I'm sure I read somewhere that there's no proven link between cholesterol in eggs and blood cholesterol. If it's to do with digestion then a small amount of low-fat mayo would help it go down.

eggs are a powerhouse of nutrition and the gold standard for Protein. I eat the whole darn thing.

As far as I'm concerned you're missing out the best bit of the egg if you only eat the whites. Why would you not eat the yolk? If it's to do with cholesterol I'm sure I read somewhere that there's no proven link between cholesterol in eggs and blood cholesterol. If it's to do with digestion then a small amount of low-fat mayo would help it go down.

Yes because of cholesterol even though it's gotten a LOT better after surgery. I have 2 eggs a day (egg whites i mean). I guess I'll have the yolk as well now :)

I'm scared to have mayo because I threw up from it :(

So happy I'll be able to eat the yolks, then. I agree, the best part of the egg!

I eat the whole thing! Funny. I HAD high cholesterol pre-op when all I ate was egg beaters, (medicated with a statin). Today I eat a real egg for Breakfast almost every day and have normal cholesterol, un-medicated.

I eat the whole thing too. I read somewhere that hard boiled eggs are not a problem and actually good for you, apparently the frying was what caused some chemical changes that made the eggs not good for us. I will try to look for the article.

Egg salad-whites/yolks, with the mayo and relish--gets me through many snack times.

eggs, made by any method are thee best Protein source available.

The yolks have cholesterol but the good kind, plus a lot of other nutrients.

I eat the whole egg.

WLS is more of a 'diet' of restriction. It's not like ALL that other 'diet learning' we were indoctrinated with: No carbs, no fats, no sugars... etc.. We now simply can't eat nearly as much quantity as we used to.

Therefore, I eat mostly what I like (within reason- no cakes/candy etc). I enjoy it to its fullest and feel satisfied and content that as long as I can't eat as much, I will continue to lose weight. I've been making healthy food choices for a long long time. My prob was quantity- never feeling full/ always hungry.

Of course, anyone can 'eat through' the restrictions.

I tend to not set myself up for failure & focus on Dr's instructions for my new life: Eat whole foods, not sliders; don't drink high calorie liquids, stop eating at satisfied, etc

Enjoy the whole darn egg, forever more!

I am so sad reading this. I absolutely LOVE eggs. Unfortunately so far they do not like me back. I have tried them hard boiled, scrambled, in egg salad, poached...... I keep hoping my new tummy will change its mind so about every 5 days or so I try try again.

They simply sit very heavy in my tummy and keep me so full for hours that I cannot get any food in for many many hours afterward, what a bummer!

And they don't taste the same.

I am only 5 weeks out so I am just hoping eggs will love me again in the future.

I've had trouble eating / keeping eggs down too. I think it's because they're rubbery-ish (whites)

When I follow instructions and chew until mush, I found I can enjoy eating them again.

Word of caution: Sometimes if I feel ravenous or cooking Breakfast for visiting friends/family, I cook two for myself as well. Every darn time, I can only eat one! (huge problem, huh?lol) Even if you think you can get two in in one sitting, thick twice, cook one. lol

Of course, everyone's different so maybe some of you can get two in...

Two or one, I LUV the yolk best.

Moreover, I'm thrilled to be free from being a slave to all those: eggs are good/ eggs are bad/ eggs are good again scientific study BS!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee @ I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee...!

I eat a whole hard boiled egg every morning and my cholesterol levels have improved beyond belief! Not because I'm eating the eggs of course but they aren't hurting me.

Your eating habits will change a bit and finally settle down but you are still too soon out of surgery so be patient.

I am so sad reading this. I absolutely LOVE eggs. Unfortunately so far they do not like me back. I have tried them hard boiled, scrambled, in egg salad, poached...... I keep hoping my new tummy will change its mind so about every 5 days or so I try try again.

They simply sit very heavy in my tummy and keep me so full for hours that I cannot get any food in for many many hours afterward, what a bummer!

And they don't taste the same.

I am only 5 weeks out so I am just hoping eggs will love me again in the future.

I actually found eggs to be a little dry and hard to eat in the beginning. I ended up mixing them with a little Water and scrambling which made them super soft and moist. These were more palatable to me and went down easier. They do taste different than regular scrambled eggs this way...not sure why, it's just Water. But Now I can eat them any way.

Oh yeah, and bring on the yolks!

Edited by Kindle

Getting ready for surgery I figured scrambled eggs, an old favorite, would be a staple in my new diet. Turns out they don't really agree with me but a fried egg is perfect. Go figure. I would have thought the fried would be too rubbery. And like others, I'm so glad not to be on a diet, not watching what I eat but rather listening to my body and giving it what it asks for. Often, it's a fried egg. Protein!

Yes because of cholesterol even though it's gotten a LOT better after surgery. I have 2 eggs a day (egg whites i mean). I guess I'll have the yolk as well now :)

I'm scared to have mayo because I threw up from it :(

I just made egg salad with plain fage Greek yogurt! Extra Protein and better for you than mayo (plus I hate mayo lol)

Edited by auntiemel