Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG helped with allergies?

Hey all,

I haven't seen any posts about if people's allergies have gotten any worse or better since being sleeved? What about asthma? I have read some about cpaps but that's not really what I am looking for. Thanks! :)

You mean food allergies or environmental / seasonal allergies?

Oh sorry I should have clarified- I meant the environmental/seasonal.

Well I have to say I have been on allergy medicine all my life. I haven't had to take one allegra since I have had the surgery. My nose has been clear for two weeks straight. Amazing!

@@npurdy6 that's awesome!! I've been congested in the morning for as long as I can remember. I hope mine goes away too!

Was on daily zyrtec before surgery, 12 wks out and haven't had to take even once.

Ha I thought I was the only one. I'm exactly 2 wks out and my allergies are not nearly as bad as they used to be. I suffer from SEVERE seasonal allergies, and Autumn is usually one of the worst. I take a small dose of children's Allegra in the morning, as a preventative bc sneezing still hurts at this point, but my allergies are not as bad as usual. Bonus that I hope sticks around!!!

Wow- this is something I will monitor when I am post op - that sounds like an added bonus.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches