Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody ever experienced this?

I am 4 months post op and have no issues or problems post op

Sunday it was cold so we needed to light a fire I was bent over for about 15 mins trying to get it to light, when I got a horrible pain in my upper right side under my ribs. It was so horrible it brought me out in a cold sweat and I had to lie down and wait for it to go away.

I honestly think I was squashing my new stomach and it was letting me know that I can't bend over and squash it.

I called my surgeons office and they said I pulled a muscle but I wasn't doing anything to pull a muscle

I have a similar pain all of a sudden. I am only 3 weeks post surgery , but had an amazingly pain free post op. 2 days ago I was bent over for about 1-2 minutes picking stuff off the floor and began getting pain on my right side of my abdomen. Now, yesterday every time I moved a certain way that pain was prominent. I laid down after work n did nothing all night in fear of straining it more . I have my follow appt in Thursday and was shoo g to address it then . What do u think?

I don't really see how it could be related to your stomach at all if it was on the right side and under your ribs. The stomach is on the left side of the body (I guess more just in the middle once you're sleeved and don't have that lobe hanging out to the left anymore).

pain under my ribs. squashing my new stomach

@@madwife2002

I agree with @@JamieLogical

doesn't seem like this bending over situation could have been caused by the sleeve :wacko:

many problems can be do to the sleeve (or any WLS) - but not everything

it was a good idea to ease your mind, and call your doc :)

attempted analogy :blink:

all my life my mother blamed any and all problems that i had on my being overweight

many situations were caused by me being heavy - knees & back hurting et al :angry:

but not all bad things happened because i was heavy

if i got a paper cut or anything - mom would probably think it was because of my weight :D

if i have a bad hair day - i don't thing my sleeve had anything to do with it :lol:

78 lb weight loss :unsure:

you are aces :)

feel better soon -_-

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

It could be a muscle or diaphram cramp. I've had those before my surgery, and a minor one after. Could be related to a lack of minerals such as potassium, magnesium, etc., so try to make sure you are taking your minerals, eating real food including greens, and not letting yourself get dehydrated.

It actually doesn't take much to pull a muscle. I once pulled a muscle in my back/side by leaning over my bathroom sink to fix my mascara in the mirror! You don't need to be doing anything vigorous to pull a muscle, it could be just a matter of moving the wrong way!

Do you still have your gallbladder? Sounds like a stone stuck

Hi thanks for all your advice

No I don't have a gallbladder but I have changed my Vitamins because the bariatric ones were making me sick-I wonder if it is a lack of minerals etc

Did they do hernia surgery on you at the same time. I have found I get that same thing since I had my hernia surgery a couple years ago. I don't get it all the time but it hurts like hell. I have another hernia they are going to repair when I get my v sleeve