Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 9/24/14!

Hi my name is Esther I was sleeved 6 days ago!! And I'm doing GREAT! I was really scared of pretty much the whole process but I just kept praying and going through the process step by step as my doctor instructed me and now I'm here !!! I was sooo relived and surprised as to how easy everything has been !!! From the moment I woke from surgery to now I haven't felt ANY pain besides the gas pain, I was supposed to stay at least two nights but I was doing all my walking and improving so well I was given the option to go home early! So 24 hours after surgery I was let home!! super excited all went well! And I feel amazing! If you have fears or worries don't! You will do FINE! It's SOO worth it! ????☺️

Congrats! I only had gas pains as well...but those are so painful. I wish they could suck the extra air out lol

I also had a hiatal hernia repaired and didn't have pain there until I felt the dreaded slimes and got nauseous and dry heaved. The pain was like being punched and the air being knocked out of me.

All in all I am not regretting my decision!

Keep me posted on how you are doing!

I was sleeved on 9/26 and also didn't have any pain. I stayed in the hospital, got my pain meds filled, and never needed to use them! Also, I have had diabetes for 4 years. My blood sugars were normal within 2 days. It usually takes 3 - 4 days for diabetes to go away. I feel like a big weight has been lifted!

Edited by BeagleLover

Awesome!! Thanks for responding im still trying to get a hang of this app! Where is every one from? A little bit about me I'm from central California I'm 28 about to turn 29 October 4th! When I first started my wls journey I weighed in at about 428 lbs with high blood pressure and a lot of physical pain from the weight. And as of my post op appt. today I'm weighting in at 360 so I'm losing some lbs!! very very happy to say the pains in my feet are gone and my high blood pressure is gone as well! If anyone has any questions about anyyy thing don't hesitate to ask were all here to help each other in our journeys !!

So glad to hear this! I am scared and go back and fourth but I keep saying. 5 weeks I bad/hard is worth it to be healthy again and be able to go walking and actually lose weight!!!

The way I think of it--- this is an absolute cakewalk compared to the aftermath of obesity: possible knee replacement, hip replacement, stroke,etc.

Congrats!!! Happy early birthday! I'm hoping to get my date on tuesday :)

I'm just in awe of how much easier this is compared to when I was reading about it and questioning it!!!lol Just do as your told and everything will be perfectly fine! I'm already down 23 lbs and I feel really good! I found heaven today at target "sugar free kool aid"!!! Lol and thank you ????☺️

I have surgery 11/11, had to wait because of scheduling issues at work. I am so glad to hear about these positive experiences, thank you for sharing!

Awesome!! Thanks for responding im still trying to get a hang of this app! Where is every one from? A little bit about me I'm from central California I'm 28 about to turn 29 October 4th! When I first started my wls journey I weighed in at about 428 lbs with high blood pressure and a lot of physical pain from the weight. And as of my post op appt. today I'm weighting in at 360 so I'm losing some lbs!! very very happy to say the pains in my feet are gone and my high blood pressure is gone as well! If anyone has any questions about anyyy thing don't hesitate to ask were all here to help each other in our journeys !!

That is so cool that you are off your BP meds so quickly, that's the one thing I'm so excited to have under control....Great job!