Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Postive Support needed...

I am currently a week out also. I understand the struggles. I was 232 when i went in for surgery and when i went home i was 241, i was so disgusted. I know it was fluids and being swollen, but it did not help me. I am now 229, I only got sick once, but i do get diarrhea. I am have several friends that have had positive ends. They have tried small foods earlier than the papers the doctor gave me, and i wonder if it would be safe to try also. I get my staples out today. Then i get to go to baby food. I am so excited to get to try fish soon.

Please follow your doctors orders to the letter! You worked hard to get to this point, you don't want to fall behind now!

Remember...you didn't gain the weight overnight, so it won't come off overnight. Stay away from the scale. Drink your Water. Take whatever meds/supplements you're supposed to. Get enough rest. Get some exercise. You'll get there!

Each of us have different body make up and will go through the stages differently. Please remember it can take one person more time to get to each stage. Please follow the doctors direction and don't move ahead. I have heard of some really bad situations because they have. It took me almost 3 weeks to just get 1/2 the Protein in. But it is getting easier every day. Don't get discouraged because every single pound makes a difference. I am the happiest I have been in years and I am 5 weeks out.

Good luck with your journey.

Thank you guys so much. I'm down 18 pounds since the the 23rd of this month. I do try a few things but after about 3 toddler bites I'm full I have had dumping symptoms. So I am becareful of what I try. No bread or Pasta. Just mashed potatoes and blended chicken.

Mine has stopped at 215. I even started my period when I haven't had one for over a year. I am so nervous that I did something wrong. Should I make an app with my dr?

Always listen to your dr and Nut. Everyone is unique in their own way. Try to remember your body is going through major changes, inside and out. I am 8weeks out....went in at 239lbs now 195lbs. My dr put me on a regular diet already because he feel i am losing too much weight to fast. Go figure, here it is that im feeling its not enough but i have to remember if u follow the program u can lose weight up to three years. It is healthier if u lose steadily. Be patient. Be strong and good luck!

Thank you so much a friend has this done and claimed he lost 100 in two months another said they lost everyday. So I know I need to remember my body is different and it won't come off all at once. I am on pureed/soft food. I have not had any dumping or getting sick so I figured I was good.

I am now at 216. The Drs paper said third week I can soft foods. Did anyone else start soft foods like fish and crab at this time? I still wonder if I'm pushing foods. Anyone experience this?

I'm almost at 3 weeks out and tried to eat a little baked tilapia yesterday - bad mistake. I ended up with my first vomiting episode since surgery. I'm getting tired of Protein Shakes but I need to remember not to push it with regard to regular food. It's no fun getting sick.

I agree with everyone else. Following YOUR nutritionist orders. If you did not get really good orders, I will tell you that I was told no baby food because the sugar content was too high. I would hate to dump over baby food. I was 4 weeks post op on Thursday (2 days ago). I think the hardest part was the soft food diet at week 2-3. I am now drinking Protein shakes for Breakfast (I make mine because the surgery made me lactose intolerant), a lunch like Wendy's chili (3 oz) or Vienna sausages (2-3), then for supper a lean hamburger patty (w/cheese), or a grilled chicken patty. Usually only get about 1/4 down, then I'm full. Tonight, I was bored with the diet, so my hubby took me to Taco Bell and I got 2 soft shell tacos with meat and cheese only, and a cup of refried Beans w/cheese. Brought home and ate the meat off the tacos (I know, waste), and a little bit of the Beans. It was delicious!!! I drink lots of sugar free kool-aid between meals. I would be glad to share my shake receipe of any of you would like!!

Hang in there!!!

I'm on the soft foods starting tonight and my boyfriend made small lobsters and fish. I ate about half of one. And no fish. I am very full and loved it very much. I read many people's responses to stalling and b I think I am dealing with that now. Not having a menstrual for over five years I finally got it after this surgery. Almost two weeks straight. It's making feel so bloated. Any one every deal with this?.

I can keep those down but tried a few bites of a soft steak and that did not go well, I threw up my first time. So sticking with fish and softer foods.

My program says no steak for a year. Wow! I am 8weeks post o and still only eats chicken tenders bot breast because they are more tender. I can eat ground turkey also. My friend gave me a recipe for spaghetti squash, love it. The squash replaced the Pasta. I find myself not being to hungry. Im only taking in 400cals daily so i really need the shakes.. lol