Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, that sounds ridiculously strict! I am 2 weeks out and Im on pureed foods! By week 5/6 I will be on all foods. I cant wait for salad! I crave it so much!

Im sorry you are still on liquids! :(

I'm only one week out, but I'm spending three and a half on shakes and broth only, then advancing to soft foods for three weeks then solid introduction.

I was on normal foods at 4 weeks, my doc discourages Protein Shakes, he wants me to eat animal Proteins.< /p>

week 6 and 7 "get" to add 2 tbsp of oatmeal and a fruit to my shake!

@@chanale

at 5 weeks, I was just starting soft foods - ie yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled egg

you can be curious about what we ate, but............

doesn't matter who ate what at the time period you are talking about(or any time) ^_^

your doc/NUT have the final word on how YOU need to progress with food and everything else :)

we ALL need to listen to our doc/nut at the beginning and end of day :)

most docs/NUTS have different rules for many things (ie when you can eat certain foods)

your doc does sound strict/harsh - but those are his rules that you must follow :huh:

I can see B) you are a smart "cookie" by having WLS ;)

I'm sure you wouldn't stray from what your doc/NUT said, cuz he is the one in the know and you look B) very intelligent :)

please follow HIS rules only- this should be the case throughout your travels with your sleeve

wow - you've lost 31 lbs!! :o

that is terrific

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I was on normal food by 3 weeks out, I just had to be very careful I chewed it into mush before thinking about swallowing it. Every surgeon has their own preferences and yours just seems to be overly cautious. I've worked in the medical field for a long time, so I'm not the most compliant patient, particularly when I feel like research supports my breaking of the rules. For example, I had my surgery in Sept and I totally ate chocolate and junk food the entire week of Christmas. In January, I cut it all out and I rarely eat anything bad now, but I'm going to do the same thing again next Christmas (mmm Peanut Butter cups). You really have to decide at what point you think you want to take your health into your own hands, research the decision, tell your doctor you're going to do it (they will generally work with you), and then go for it.