Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

carnations breakfast shakes. Good/Bad ?

Hello I just had a carnations Breakfast shake they are amazing whhat do you think its 150cal and 12 g Protein and other things like Calcium. .. Good / Bad ?

Edited by MeganC

Is it SF? My nut said only sugar free varieties, and unfortunately those are only 5g Protein

The sugar-free version of Carnation shakes seems awfully carb-ish to me. The packet is only 60 calories, but when you add 8 ounces of milk, that takes the calories up to 150 and the Protein grams up to (is it 13?).

Still, the Carnation shakes are listed as permissible on my pre-op diet sheet.

Personally, I prefer other Protein Shakes. I'm doing a GNC Lean shake right now that has 170 calories and 25 grams of Protein.

I think they are also very night in Carbs. My package said 27 grams of carbs. It was labeled as Carnation Breakfast Essentials.

have you looked at the sugar intake that is one thing my nut. always told me to pay attention to, The Protein Shake I drink is 180 cal 25 gram of Protein 0 sugar.

I also have the GNC lean shake but hate the tast. lol And yes they were on my Ok list with my sergon too (SF) . I just havent seen alot of people talk about them on here and Carbs are probably why. :) but arnt we supposd to have some carbs every day or is it a different type of carb that we should be eating?

I like to add 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk, brings the Protein up to 21 grams protein, doesn't affect the flavor either.

They taste better than most, but the lactose overload! I gave mine away.

My NUT post op plan called for the No Sugar Added Carnation Instant BreakfAst 3xs a day made with double strength milk (1 cup skim milk plus powdered milk). I haven't looked at the nutrition info yet because I haven't found them in any local stores. Protein powders are actually not part of my post op nutrition plan.

Ill have to try it with powdered milk!!! Its sound good lol I love powdered milk... So smart ;)

@ Luvin_Life125, how are you expected to meet Protein goals after surgery if protein powders / drinks aren't part of your plan. I realize that everyone has different guidelines pre and post-op, but I'm kind of curious about your plan.

Im in canada and they dont sell premiere Protein here and to order it online is $50 for shipping.. so not rely worth it, or I would be drinking it like crazy lol. But thank you!

I drink the SF chocolate w/skim milk 3-4 nights a week. It satisfies my sweet tooth and not as bad a I could be doing with any other sweets that I crave. The cold milk does wonders to satisfy my cravings. No impact on the rate of weight loss for me and I have seen that if I control my carbs in other meals, I can indulge in this one thing. Sometimes I also add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder if I am low on Protein for the day. The texture gets a bit chalky but nothing I can't handle.

Edited by bigloser2014

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches