Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

worst stomach pain ever!

Hi everybody! I am currently 2 weeks out from surgery and have started eating soft foods yesterday and Im not doing so well. Yesterday I ate fat free refried Beans and cheese and about died. It did not agree with my stomach at all and today I just ate some baked salmon and chewed it to an oblivion and my stomach is back in excruciating cramping pain. What am I doing wrong please HELP?

I think I'm going to stick to just liquids for a few more weeks.

That's what I had to do for most of the first month. I started drinking Ensure Active because of the high Protein (25 grams). Two of those a day the first month plus something puréed to help my stomach get used to eating again was enough. Just don't add things to your diet until your nutritionist tells you to. It won't be worth it!

I've been drinking the Isopure drinks and i add crystal light to it cuz they are 40g of Protein a drink that way I only have to drink 2 a day. I can't stand the powder protein it makes me gag. All the things that are on my list as far as full liquid I don't eat like yogurt, cream of wheat or cottage cheese and all the cram Soups I've tried don't agree with me either. So at this point I'm at a loss:(

The Isopure drinks are a great replacement. Have you tried some Unjury stuff yet? I know you can't but when I have issues, I go back to the soft food phase and it helps. Did they just not go down well or don't you like them? Not sure what else can help but I bet others have some good ideas.

When I moved from full liquids to soft foods I was eating mozzarella string cheese sticks or shredded mozzarella cheese, Greek yogurts, scrambled eggs, ricotta cheese baked with cheese. I also made some pea Soup (if you happen to like that, I know not everyone is a fan of it) and I made chilli. I was able to tolerate those things early on. Hang in there, soon this phase will be a distant memory and you'll be moving right along on your WLS journey. Good luck!

I tried the Unjury Protein Powder and it makes me gag. I tried egg salad with greek yogurt and dill, fast free refried Beans and cheese and ricotta bake. Beans and cheese went out as soon as it went in. The ricotta the second day made my stomach hurt and then I ate a an herb and garlic marinated salmon and have me the worst cramps ever. So I'm going back to fluids today.

I would check with your nutritionist about having trouble or your surgeon because they will have the best answers of what to do.

When I was at your stage I used baby food to introduce meats and fruit to my plan maybe ask your nutritionist if this is exceptable to them.

I would take it real slow I think your eating foods to early for your stomach but that's my opinion.

Let us know what happens.

Take care.

I know NOTHING about any of this, because I haven't gone through any of it yet, but it seems like going to refried Beans is a really big jump. They give me bloats now! And don't they have a lot of fat? Or is this a special refried bean recipe?

Everything I've read so far says to start with simple pureed foods, like baby foods. I've already stocked up on some of these. It's a baby stomach...makes sense to go with simple foods first, and watered down oatmeal and grits.

I would like to hear about how this turns out, since I'm still in the information gathering phase here.

I know NOTHING about any of this, because I haven't gone through any of it yet, but it seems like going to refried Beans is a really big jump. They give me bloats now! And don't they have a lot of fat? Or is this a special refried bean recipe? Everything I've read so far says to start with simple pureed foods, like baby foods. I've already stocked up on some of these. It's a baby stomach...makes sense to go with simple foods first, and watered down oatmeal and grits. I would like to hear about how this turns out, since I'm still in the information gathering phase here.

There are fat free versions of refried beans. I used those in the pureed phase. Didn't really think there was that much of a difference, until I recently went out to eat mexican, and had some of the restaurants beans. The restaurant beans tasted better, but they hurt my pouch.

Yeah I did eat the fat free ones and they did a number on me! :-) Also THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE SUPPORT AND ADVICE I APPRECIATE GREATLY!! :-)

My nut said baby food isn't very nutritious but I say hey, whatever works, right?