Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tonight I took the time out to clean out my dresser and closet, There were so many clothes that I literally can't fit anymore but a lot of them are thing's that no longer fit or are so old and out dated I have no desire to ever wear them again. In one dresser I found an old pair of size 15 shorts from 7 summer's back I've decided to keep these in hopes that they will fit next summer.

Here's a picture comparing my current size 20 shorts to my size 15 shorts, It's crazy to think that I could someday fit back into them!

What's the one article of clothing you're hoping to fit back into soon?

post-215386-0-89847400-1405306064_thumb.jpeg

Honestly? I've been big for so long, I don't have a lot of smaller clothes (a few size 18s that a friend gave me after she had WLS a few years ago, but I was never able to wear them anyway), so I don't have a lot to shrink down into. I did get a pair of denim shorts on yesterday that I've never fit into before, so I was really happy for that...but they were a size 20.

I did clear out four huge boxes of 2x, 3x and 22s that I can no longer wear (or won't be able to wear come winter), and one of the local charities is coming next week to pick them up. Hopefully they'll go to a good home (the charity gives clothes away to people in need. I know from experience that they rarely have nice clothes in larger sizes, so now they're getting a ton)

I have seen some utterly adorable clothes at Old Navy that I can't wait to be able to fit into. Or hell, even some of the Zumba workout clothes. I'm saving my money for a small shopping splurge before winter so I have enough pants to get me through. I don't mind so much if shirts are too big, but pants that are too big fall off my butt.

@@InfiniteButterfly

The shorts I currently wear are a size 20 from old navy, I love the way their clothes fit. Also a store that I've fallen in love with recently is Forever21 plus they have some really cute dresses. I guess I would consider myself a bit of a clothes horder I still have jeans from 9th grade which was in 2004, I got pregnant right after high school so I just kind of held on to everything thinking that someday I'd be able to fit back into them.

I wish I'd horded more clothes. I'm just glad there's a resale shop not too far from me because otherwise I'd go broke as I go down sizes (although Old Navy does have some spectacular sales. I bought a bunch of their tank tops for $2 each...two sizes smaller than I was wearing and they fit!!)

I won't do Forever21...personal choice, but as an artist I can't patronize any store with their business practices. (they do have cute clothes in there though)

I should ask my dad if he has any of my old clothes. He's a horder for sure, and I know I left a bunch of things there when I moved out. I was pretty sure he'd given it all to the Salvation Army long ago, but I could be wrong.

@@HalloweenBaby24 1) I have a Halloween Baby :D 2) Does Old Navy carry size 20 in the store? Or do you order them online?

@@LovetoDive

My mom always said she got a trick instead of a treat when it came to me lol.

I get size 20s online of course, Old Navy use to have a decent plus size section many years ago but little by little it disappeared from existence.

Yeah, I have two pairs of old Guess jeans from the early 90's that I have been saving. I can't believe I used to wear them because they seem so small but I am sure I will be able to wear them again very soon!

Good topic!

@Haddockeyes

Guess Jeans!?

Aren't those from the 90s lol.

I thought my American Eagle jeans from 2004 were bad.

I am cleaning ouy my closet, getting rid of everything 18-24. Yesterday I spent $13 dollars on a pair of shorts at Walmart=size 12 and they fit! I know they were stretchy but still. I have a size 10 dress in my closet that I would love to get into. It will be a long while because the thing has not give what-so-ever but its cute and I cannot wait to be in it. This sliding between sizes is fun but I can see it as expensive. I will be visiting a resale shop near me for the fall. :o

@@HalloweenBaby24 I had thought MAYBE ON had started carrying them again :( I haven't ordered from them in a while. Hope you're having a BLAST at the beach!

ON's plus size section isn't too bad online. I don't see any plus sizes in the actual store though, so it's quite inconvenient if you want to try stuff on (which is pretty essential when changing size rapidly...I hate guessing at sizes and being wrong)

@BorntoDive

Thanks! Going to try, hopefully all the rain we've been having here clears up soon.

@@InfiniteButterfly

Yeah it's a pain in the butt to have to order from them online, if you don't like it you can't just return it to the store.. It's been hit or miss but I've found a few nice pieces through trial and error.

See you all in a few weeks!

Edited by HalloweenBaby24