Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery June 17th. A week ago tomorrow. I still have my drain in, I get it out in two days. I was doing pretty good at the post op clear liquid...until I started experimenting. I would chew up some yummy evil fast food and spit it out. Or I would have a tiny bite of something. Then today my best friend made some french fries and i said, well maybe it will be okay. And it was. I ate 5 french fries and they went down great, felt no pain or anything. I actually felt satisfied for the first time in a while. So, I STUPIDLY tried some refrained Beans. And I am hurting. I feel bloated as hell and I have a head ache. I just feel like crap. I also tried sugar free reeses and sugar free hershey bar. I am really mad at myself. Because I have lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks! That is AMAZING and I am letting food tempt me and win. Tomorrow starts my "full liquid" diet. And I might just have another only Water day to make up for my dumb mistakes. Someone please tell me you have screwed up at least once with the diets so i dont feel so horrible! :(

Just be careful. Your stomach is healing. They have you on liquids so your stomach won't stretch and cause leaks. Best not to tempt it.

Please stop beating yourself up. I'm sure many have done worse. Changing your eating habits is hard. Not everyone can do it without backsliding a bit. The important thing is not that you made some mistakes. The important thing is now you can recommit to following your doctor's plan with full knowledge of the pitfalls. Today is over. Tomorrow will be better. Take it one day at a time.

As long as you head in the right direction, you'll get to where you want to be. When you find yourself heading in the wrong direction, turn around.

Yes, I cheated.........once. With a small spoonful of tuna mixed with a little mayo, cause I had to have something in my stomach besides liquids. NOT french fries or candy.......... you did'nt come all this way to mess it up with crappy food. Get back on the healthy wagon NOW, and you wont regret it in the future ! You CAN do this !!! Good luck !!

Please stop beating yourself up. I'm sure many have done worse. Changing your eating habits is hard. Not everyone can do it without backsliding a bit. The important thing is not that you made some mistakes. The important thing is now you can recommit to following your doctor's plan with full knowledge of the pitfalls. Today is over. Tomorrow will be better. Take it one day at a time. <br><br> As long as you head in the right direction, you'll get to where you want to be. When you find yourself heading in the wrong direction, turn around.

Thank you. I really appreciate your understanding and encouragement. You think i should tell my doctor about me messing up?

Yes, I cheated.........once. With a small spoonful of tuna mixed with a little mayo, cause I had to have something in my stomach besides liquids. NOT french fries or candy.......... you did'nt come all this way to mess it up with crappy food. Get back on the healthy wagon NOW, and you wont regret it in the future ! You CAN do this !!! Good luck !!

I know! I am so mad at myself! Ugh. But it wont happen again! Im in this seriously.

No no don't worry. Most feel the overstuffed feeling at some point. Just be careful this early. Your stomach takes 6 weeks to heal.

No no don't worry. Most feel the overstuffed feeling at some point. Just be careful this early. Your stomach takes 6 weeks to heal.

Kaitlyn, you can seriously hurt yourself. None of us want to see you end up in the emergency room with a leak. Please, please please follow your post op diet. This is serious stuff, like your internal organs type serious, not just another stupid diet that is easily broken with no problem other than guilt.

You've gone too far to fail at this! Let yourself heal by following the plan, don't "try"I vs just to see if you can. That dr got paid a lot of money to give you a tool. Follow his directions and use that tool! You won't feel guilty or miserable that. You do not want to be the sleever who feels worse or who throws up all the time because they push boundaries. You realize you did wrong and sound like you want to fix it, so make good choices and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure you need to call the doctor unless your discomfort persists or gets worse. But I do think you need some support. Do you go to a bariatric support group? If not, maybe you should give that a try.

I'm not sure you need to call the doctor unless your discomfort persists or gets worse. But I do think you need some support. Do you go to a bariatric support group? If not, maybe you should give that a try.

The discomfort has is gone now, thank goodness. I agree. Sadly, food was always a coping method and maybe a bit of an addiction... I dont know if we have one in this town.

Kaitlyn, no one feels emotionally worse than you at this point, but physically you must be very very cautious to not do internal damage to your new stomach. As to your friend making you French fries, they need some sensitivity around how hard you have worked, so maybe they can be a bit more sensitive. You are on the right track, so believe in yourself, and know you are worth so much to everyone around you and that you are still well on your way to good health.

Cheating like this is not only the reason you became obese to begin with, now cheating can be deadly!!! Why would you do this to yourself? The risks you are taking is z clear sign that mentally you were not ready for this commitment. I suggest talking to your psych about this. You need to get on track for the sake of your health. The next time you "tempt" your new tummy it could land you in the ER. Please do your liquids and talk to your dr.

Kaitlyn, no one feels emotionally worse than you at this point, but physically you must be very very cautious to not do internal damage to your new stomach. As to your friend making you French fries, they need some sensitivity around how hard you have worked, so maybe they can be a bit more sensitive. You are on the right track, so believe in yourself, and know you are worth so much to everyone around you and that you are still well on your way to good health.

I appreciate your kindness and honesty.