Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am i feeling this way

I am 4 weeks out. I have this awful cold sweat feeling all the time without the sweat and a continuous sick feeling . It is hard to explain. Does anyone else have this after 4 weeks. Dr put me on anti anxiety meds because she says everything on the inside seemed to be healing we. I'm not throwing up but can't seem to meet my Protein and Water goals. I'm wondering if this is something that has happened to others.

The only time I have a sweat/sick feeling is when I eat something high in carbs or anything with regular sugar. I tried a couple of sips of a milkshake and it made me feel awful. Carbs like bread and Pasta have done the same thing. Strange that I still crave them.

I'm also having a lot of trouble meeting my Protein and Water goals. I'm never really thirsty anymore (and so bored with fruit flavorings for water) and I'm having trouble finding things to eat to get the Protein I need. I've never been a big cook and I hate preparing meals, so it's difficult for me.

I hope the meds help you feel better! I can't imagine having that feeling the whole time.

I am 4 weeks out. I have this awful cold sweat feeling all the time without the sweat and a continuous sick feeling . It is hard to explain. Does anyone else have this after 4 weeks. Dr put me on anti anxiety meds because she says everything on the inside seemed to be healing we. I'm not throwing up but can't seem to meet my Protein and Water goals. I'm wondering if this is something that has happened to others.

mine was my blood sugar dropping. I have had low blood sugar since surgery.

I check my blood sugar often and it is fine. I thought that might be it too but no.

I have noticed a trend, many people that post on this site either don’t like to cook or are to lazy to cook. Fast food created the medical necessity of this surgery in many cases. To get the most pay off from bariatric surgery I recommend to those that don’t cook to take some cooking classes. Also take the time to prepare your own meals. It's really not that hard or time consuming. Have some fun, go out and purchase a great set of pots and pans and knives. Stock that pantry with the best flavors you can find. Who cares about the cost you’re not eating that much anymore. In my case, my love for cooking helped get me into this mess of being overweight, but my knowledge will help me prepare great tasting food that is good for me and hits the nutritional goals. I have to face the fact that many of my old favorites are no longer in my diet, but I have already learned many new tricks pre-op to allow me to cook great food while throwing out the carbos and high fat ingredients. It’s actually makes cooking more interesting with the new challenges.

Really sounds like classic low blood sugar. I got those exact symptoms between 1-4 mo post-op. For me, I just had to make sure I had at least 5-10gm of Protein of any kind every 3 hours and it helped make it go away. Well, since you've ruled that out--what about low blood pressure??? Whatever it is, it's sure not normal. And, you're right--it's a horrible feeling! I'm sure you know to be very careful to be meeting Protein and Water goals one way or the other because if it's way below what you should be getting at this stage, THAT could be contributing to what's going on with you.

Take care and I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. Keep doing the best you can so you can keep your strength up and get your body healed ASAP.

The consensus here seems too be low blood sugar. But it sounds like dumping syndrome to me. In know it's very rare with sleeve patient's.

I had that happen when I went out to eat at first after my surgery. I learned I was eating too quickly and it would has me feeling horrible like you described. It was scary. My daughter and I actually would go out to eat so I could practice and now I am very careful and able to enjoy dinner out and not feel horrible. I hope it gets better for you.

Sleeved March 10,2014

My blood sugars are fine. I check them all day. It can't be dumping syndrome because it is 24/7 whether I eat or not. I am still on full liquids because I can't handle anything else. Thanks for the responses. Please pray it gets better. I can't live with this new normal.

I have noticed a trend, many people that post on this site either don’t like to cook or are to lazy to cook. Fast food created the medical necessity of this surgery in many cases. To get the most pay off from bariatric surgery I recommend to those that don’t cook to take some cooking classes. Also take the time to prepare your own meals. It's really not that hard or time consuming. Have some fun, go out and purchase a great set of pots and pans and knives. Stock that pantry with the best flavors you can find. Who cares about the cost you’re not eating that much anymore. In my case, my love for cooking helped get me into this mess of being overweight, but my knowledge will help me prepare great tasting food that is good for me and hits the nutritional goals. I have to face the fact that many of my old favorites are no longer in my diet, but I have already learned many new tricks pre-op to allow me to cook great food while throwing out the carbos and high fat ingredients. It’s actually makes cooking more interesting with the new challenges.

Edited by Bigmommatojacob

My blood sugars are fine. I check them all day. It can't be dumping syndrome because it is 24/7 whether I eat or not. I am still on full liquids because I can't handle anything else. Thanks for the responses. Please pray it gets better. I can't live with this new normal.

I know that feeling about can't live with this. I have days where I say why did I do this. Then I step on the scale and say yep this is why.

Edited by Annie68

Thanks Ann, I get very frustrated that others are doing so well and I am not. Hope you feel better soon too.