Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck, I'm out!

Edited by qqqqqt

I'm curious what your instructions were for the 2 weeks before surgery. I'm not sure you have Clear liquids that have Protein in them, for example, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. It might make it a lot easier to resist foods that aren't in your best interest. I suggest talking to your husband and family, asking for their cooperation, not to bring things into the house you have such a hard time staying away from. Also, there is a book that helped me clean up my environment and separate emotions from eating: "Emotional First + Aid: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery" by Cynthia Alexander. This might also help you control your eating now and after the surgery.

I recommend another good book, "The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein shakes."

Best wishes!

I didn't cheat on the pre-op. It really wasn't that difficult to get through, but I did make sure to have supplies on hand beforehand, and removed all temptation foods from the house. Yes, my kids had two junk food free weeks, and they survived as well. After the first day or two, it was difficult to even think about eating anything other than the Protein shake and the few extras I was allowed (I didn't have veggies as part of my pre-diet. I love veggies, and probably would have existed on them alone)

It's not too late to take control and get back on track. Avoid the kitchen if you have to in order to avoid temptation (although I'd be inclined to get junk food out of the house. It's for such a short period of time, and the benefits are so huge)

It isn't easy! I have not been able to stick to my preop diet as planned either. I think we will be ok if we don't binge when we step off our plan. Thank God I don't have someone bringing Krispy Kremes though. Good luck and don't stop trying!

I hate the term "cheat" when discussing diet. You made these decisions, they were unhealthy,as you know, and certainly aren't preparing you for surgery. Are you eating/drinking every 2-3 hours? A few hours of feeling control doesn't really matter if you mindlessly binge eat later. You need to keep your body fueled, or hunger will overtake you.

I suggest talking to a therapist/your surgery team ASAP. I am worried you are not prepared for the difficulties of this journey.

ow I'm a wreck, I feel like I messed up big... and all my 3-day efforts to the windows... Oh I feel awful!!!

I hope I can get back up tomorrow and continue, I need to, I must!!! This is too important to let temptation take it all away from me.

I hope you didn't come here for someone to tell you "it's okay, just try harder tomorrow". It's not okay. Your doctor gave you instructions for specific reasons. What do you think will happen if you cheat like this right out of surgery? Eat that salami or Krispy Kreme and you could find yourself in the ER and it won't be pretty.

A friend of mine here lost part of her lung due to an infection caused by a leak. She was on a liquid diet for SIX MONTHS because of it.

Edited by DonRodolfo

@@DonRodolfo I'm not looking for enabler but no one is perfect either otherwise no one here will need a sleeve to start with, I'm being honest in hope to find tips to continue my journey... I guess everyone so at their best all the time here

@@Teachamy I don't drink a lot and let myself starve before I eat so that might be the issue, I will try to sip on Water all the time, my Protein Drink is hard to drink it all.at once so sipping with water might be what I need to stay full

My nutritionist told me that the main reason for the pre-op diet is shrinking your liver. That if it's not small enough, it can be in the way and make the surgery harder for the surgeon. My doctor has apparently opened people up and backed out of the surgery when he doesn't feel the liver has sufficiently shrunk--your doctor may do the same.

If we're choosing to do this surgery, we have to resolve to do the very best we can do for our own health, which is the whole point. It sounds a little bit like you weren't prepared with what you needed to start your pre-op diet, but you have your supplies now. It's time to get serious. Your life and health hang in the balance!

You can do it! And after surgery, you have to do it to avoid infection and complications. I think the previous poster was right that you have to ask your family to support you by keeping tempting foods away--they can go OUT for treats if they really need them. But remember that ultimately, only you control what goes in--so be strong and make good choices!

To answer your first question, I did not cheat at all on my preop diet, or postop for that matter. I was sleeved at OCC in December so I know what you are going through. So......Drink all your Protein shakes. I had at least 8 different varieties to chose from. Drink lots of Water in between. Take advantage of the unlimited green veggies part of the diet. I ate spinach, kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce salads (with flavored vinegar dressing) and mushrooms like there was no tomorrow. I added unflavored Protein powder to chicken and beef broth, Chinese hot and sour Soup base and wonton Soup broth and ate those in place of a shake on some days. Spinach/mushrooms/beef broth/Unjury Protein Powder was a favorite. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein cheese sauce powder mixed with Swansons tortilla soup base was also very yummy. I was supposed to lose 12 pounds before surgery and ended up losing 22 pounds.

This diet is not there to torture us, it is designed for us to have the safest surgery possible. And if you need more motivation, Dr Ortiz actually turned down a patient a couple weeks ago the day of her surgery because she did not lose what she was supposed to lose preop. Do you really want to travel all the way down there for nothing?

@@DonRodolfo I'm not looking for enabler but no one is perfect either otherwise no one here will need a sleeve to start with, I'm being honest in hope to find tips to continue my journey... I guess everyone so at their best all the time here

The only person that said anything about anyone being perfect is you - perfect is not the point. If you're so thin-skinned that advice or criticism from someone with vastly more experience and weightloss than you has to be sugar-coated, I have no time for nonsense.