Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 9th Sleeve - Looking for friends!

I'm looking for a group of people who will be having sleeve surgery in the next 2-3 weeks to share the journey with! I just turned 30 last month, and I am really looking forward to this huge life change. I'm 5'7 and currently at 294 (down from 332 when I first visited my surgeon 2 months ago). I'm just ready to feel better, and have more energy to be a more lively mom to my 9 year old nephew!

I'm June 10. Have you posted in the "any June 2014 sleevers"

I start all liquids tomorrow. Memorial Day, oh yeah!!!

I'm not looking forward to the next few days and I'm worried about being too foggy headed to work and be productive.

My weight is about 230 at 54

I'm looking for a group of people who will be having sleeve surgery in the next 2-3 weeks to share the journey with! I just turned 30 last month, and I am really looking forward to this huge life change. I'm 5'7 and currently at 294 (down from 332 when I first visited my surgeon 2 months ago). I'm just ready to feel better, and have more energy to be a more lively mom to my 9 year old nephew!

June 9th!!

Im June 5th and I only have to do liquid for the day before. I wish it was longer so I would avoid this food funeral I am having.

I'm so excited to find all of you! Only about 2 weeks away until the big day. I just want to make sure I'm ready for everything. Any words of advice to share? Any big worries?

Personally, I'm obviously worried about the pain, but I'm also worried about the little things like not being able to drink Water while I eat or getting behind by taking time off work is. Also, I tend to push myself harder than I should. I'm the person who can lose weight easily when I'm committed, but I also gain it twice as easily when I fall off the wagon. Because I have had success on my own in the past, will I have "buyer's remorse" after I do it?

I start all liquids tomorrow. Memorial Day, oh yeah!!! I'm not looking forward to the next few days and I'm worried about being too foggy headed to work and be productive. My weight is about 230 at 54

Starting on Memorial Day is rough! Make sure to try and stay away from tempting situations! We're giving up holiday meals for so many more happier holidays in the future! At least you have a reason not to give in to the food. I'm at that point where I not not on a restricted diet, and I still have about a week before I start my super strict diet, so tomorrow will be a challenge. I've been SUPER good for the last 2 months, but now I'm in that window of time where I met my pre-surgery weight loss goal (with room to spare), and I'm thinking about all of those foods I'll either never have again (or at least for a very long time). I need to be strong!!

Im June 5th and I only have to do liquid for the day before. I wish it was longer so I would avoid this food funeral I am having.

"food funeral" - I love it! That's exactly how I feel. I am mourning the loss of so many little things. This morning, I felt completely unprepared for my husband to make toast! The smell was insane, and to him I must have looked like a crazy lady. But I know, that one bite of toast would lead to four pieces. All I keep thinking, is why didn't I eat Peanut Butter sandwiches all of the time?! Now, I think about them all of the time, but the calories are through the roof.

I completely agree with you on that. I've been having a food funeral since I started this process. November 2013.

I'm set for surgery on June 5th as well. I started the liquids today, not too bad just yet but I'm sure tomorrow will be worse!

June 5th surgery. 4th day of PRE-Op diet. I've had my ups and downs adjusting and I do miss certain foods. I may have more ups and downs, but I'm staying true to the plan.

For me the first day was easy, but the second was bad. I had these awful hunger rumblings on and off. What I noticed though, is that I could wait it out and the discomfort would go away. I actually noticed that this discomfort didn't seem to match if I had food in my stomach or not. It was like this general feeling that was coming in waves. But once I knew I could get through it, everything seemed a little easier. What can feed(pun intended) that discomfort is when I fixated on foods that I miss.

In order to not feed into that discomfort, I found that I needed to distract myself. So now I have a few tricks that I use - really for me it's a matter of switching my focus onto some other task other than food. Also my support system helps. This forum helps. Reminding myself why I'm doing this helps.

You guys will do great. I had so many mixed emotions and was terrified of the pain. I had my sleeve last Monday and everything went perfect. I was home after one night and I swear I have had maybe 12 total hours of pain... which was really all gas and feeling like indigestion. Walking really helps the gas and sleeping propped up works for me. I'm glad I went through with this I am off insulin and high blood pressure meds and will be on soft food in two weeks. It will be OK.

I'm in for June 9th and i start my pre op next saturday. I have been trying hard to avoid the food funerals, I have a long way to go. i'm 5'11 and i weigh 347.

My surgery date is June 9th, and today starts my preop diet. The first week I have 2 Protein Shakes and one healthy meal a day. The second week I have 5 Protein shakes per day. I'm not looking forward to the second week but I keep saying I can do ANYTHING for 7 days. I'm still scared and nervous about surgery, but reading these forums has helped me tremendously.

Edited by J__ford