Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO I am looking for suggestions on high Protein meals, recipes that you can suggest that are filling and tasty.. I am trying to cook more cause I dont really have much cooking experience, (everything I cook is really easy) I also dont have much money so that makes it difficult too. so any ideas and recipes would be appreciated! I dont eat beef though.. anything else is fair game.

ALSO!

What high protein Snacks do you suggest? because I am definately a snacker more that a 3 meal a day person!

SO I am looking for suggestions on high Protein meals, recipes that you can suggest that are filling and tasty.. I am trying to cook more cause I dont really have much cooking experience, (everything I cook is really easy) I also dont have much money so that makes it difficult too. so any ideas and recipes would be appreciated! I dont eat beef though.. anything else is fair game. ALSO! What high protein Snacks do you suggest? because I am definately a snacker more that a 3 meal a day person!

So you didn't say how far out you are post op but if you're in phase 2 ( soft foods) then how about making a chili with ground turkey or chicken; meatballs; pigs in a blanket; lentil soup; scrambled eggs ; yogurts are all great protein choices in addition to your Protein Shakes

There's also a forum here on recipes that might be helpful to you. I recently I purchased a spiralizer from Walmart that makes. Pasta out of zucchini. Just add Your own sauce,.

It's so great and easy to use. There's also a Pinterest site dedicated to recipes using the spiralizer.

I was banded in december so I can eat anything really lol I am weaning off of Protein Shakes because they dont keep me full. the doctor wants me to eat solids to keep myself satisfied!

Ground chicken or Ground Turkey- You can make burgers, chili's, Soups, meatballs, meatloaf, taco's, lettuce wraps. You can make "spaghetti" by roasting spaghetti squash and making a meat sauce or meatballs with the ground chicen or turkey.

chicken breast are ususally on sale every week. Buy the family pack, divide into 4oz servings either cook at once or freeze indiv. You can do sooooo many things with chicken breasts. Throw some in a crockpot (even frozen) with some taco seasoning, a jar or salsa, black Beans, cilantro, lime juice, or whatever you lke, put it on before you go to work come home shred it and have a taco salad or a tacos.

Omelets- Cook some low sod. bacon or turkey bacon add in some fresh spiniach, mushrooms and onions. Top with a little cheese and some plain non-fat greek yogurt and/or salsa

Or you could do mini egg muffins with the same ingred, as above put them in a (12) muffin pan and bake for 20-30 min at 350. These are the perfect make a head Breakfast. Grab, warm, eat:-)

Deli Meat- Turkey or Chicken rolled up in Romaine lettuce leaves and a slice of cheese with some mustard or lite mayo, or Okios greek yogurt dip

For Snacks,

Dannon Light Greek Yogurt- 100 cal 13g Protein

1-2oz of cheese

depending on my calorie intake and Protein for the day I may add in a Quest Protein Bar, approx 180 cal and 20g p

cottage cheese with tomatoes

cucumbers soaked in apple cider vinegar with onions....summer thing:-)

Raw cauliflower with Okios Greek Yogurt Dip

60 cal. sugar fee pudding cup

For Snacks I like turkey jerkey, Belvita Breakfast biscuits, nuts, Wheat thins w/ pb or cream cheese, apple slices, cheese sticks, flavored rice cakes w/ pb.