Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do any of you...

I wouldn't be here if I could do it alone haha :(

Everytime I think that (or used to think that, pre-lapband surgery) I ended up even fatter. Why? Because WLS is the only method that works on both dimming one's appetite AND reducing the amount of volume one could comfortably place in one's stomach. Take away my too-present hunger and my ability to eat as much as I like? Weight loss!

I know that you wouldn't be asking that question marysminute if you felt you could. I know I wouldn't be able to do this alone, this site is fantastic and the folks on here are so helpful and friendly...I knew I had to do something to get my health back. this surgery "Lap-band" is going to make my life alot better-tried for years to do it on my own, it proved me wrong time and time again. you have to trust in whatever power you believe in and yourself and help from your new found friends!!! I hope your decision helps you each and everyday!!! we will be here for you once you have made your decision.

After 27 years of "miracle" diet pills and wishful thinking, I had to face the fact that I couldn't lose weight without surgery. I believe we are all victims of marketing hype that tell us if only we had enough self-discipline, we could win the battle over weight.

But there are too many factors that come into play that over-ride self-discipline to boil it all down to just a lack of will power. We all have different genetics. I know there's a lot more at play than just genetics, but I believe it plays a big part in whether or not the body stores or burns up excess calories.

No, I don't. And most days I'm lucky to be able to do it with the sleeve. It is truly a just a tool, and its how we use that makes the difference.

after i had a bypass ...w/o counslling and support i gained back 100 out of 200 lb loss so i know that lapband is my only chancccccce...what i am concerned about is maintenancfe once i do lost hte weight. i prayed for help and found this site and all u fine people. i am so grateful and am counting the days til the 20th.24 days away....

MAy 5 preop starts...i am psyched...alreayd shopping for supplies

I don't think I could do as well as I could with the sleeve. I could always lose 20-30 on my own and then quickly gain back about 10 of those the minute I stopped dieting.

For permanent results, I needed a permanent solution. Thank goodness for the sleeve! Now when I workout, I know I will see results almost immediate and that's so satisfying!

I had to do the Adkins diet for seven days pre op. I lost 10 pounds. I thought the same thing, maybe I can do this on my own. Then I remembered I had tried Adkins in the past along with several others. I can loose the weight for a while but once I start back to my old diet could never seem to get on board again. The yoyo effect. I know the band is just a tool, sort of a constant accountability partner. But its the lifestyle change that we need to focus on. I hoping the band will help me solidify that lifestyle change. No matter what you choose its a journey and you get to choose your journey. Choose well grasshopper :) .

Good luck and happy trails.

my weight number seems to me to be rahter intimidaating...with the bypass ilost weight like crazy ma pretty frustrated with my self for gaining one hundred out of two hundred back

my weight number seems to me to be rahter intimidaating...with the bypass ilost weight like crazy ma pretty frustrated with my self for gaining one hundred out of two hundred back

My only regret is not having done this sooner. I was an excellent dieter but inevitably would go off and regain plus a little more each time. For years and years. It was all so hard all the time, the chatter in my head, the counting and measuring, the hunger. What a joy it is to be out of food jail at last!

I tried for decades up and down and getting bigger and bigger. Could barely fit on the bike with my husband last year!! Had enough and got sleeved five days ago! Doing awesome and following docs orders to the tee! I have an awesome doc! Checks on me every day! I don't regret a thing!! Yes the first night was difficult because my doc doesn't give heavy narcotics so we don't get constipated... But it was a short time and well worth it! No I couldn't do it on my own. Happy as a clam that I don't feel hungry constantly!!