Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 9 months with before and now pics

All of us love to post after or during pics, and I'm no exception. Today however, I'm also posting my before pics in all their "Glory" and let me tell you, it's not easy to post these.

I used to wonder why vets hated posting their before pics. Surely it was a sign of how far they'd come? Now I understand why we hate posting them. Because we show ourselves and the world how far it had gone, how far out of control it was, and how much work we had ahead of us.

Feeling emotional today as I share these with you but forcing myself to be honest with myself. I hope someone who is unsure will look at these and realize it will all be worth it. That stupid liquid diet, the post-op not eating thing, the pain, the worry, the concern you will never lose, the stalls.

And FWIW, even with 85% of my stomach gone and a low carb diet, I only AVERAGE about 2 lbs of loss a week, including the early days of 20 lbs in one month. Yeah that doesn't happen anymore. This month I lost 2 lbs in a MONTH. So hang in there, it will happen for you as well :)

I'm 5'5 tall and large build based on wrist measurement. SW: 230, SW: 222, CW: 158.6, GW: 150

post-180691-0-18882900-1398610060_thumb.jpg

post-180691-0-61686900-1398610064_thumb.jpg

post-180691-0-33838500-1398610073_thumb.jpg

post-180691-0-46540900-1398610459_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamergirl

Wow you look great! Great job

Oh my god I am sooo glad to see you back on! No lie, I was just coming on here this am to post you a private message to see how you have been doing! I always enjoyed reading your posts, and really missed you while you were gone!

You have lost a lot since I saw you last, you look amazing!

Hope things have been going well for you and your family!

Oh my god I am sooo glad to see you back on! No lie, I was just coming on here this am to post you a private message to see how you have been doing! I always enjoyed reading your posts, and really missed you while you were gone!

You have lost a lot since I saw you last, you look amazing!

Hope things have been going well for you and your family!

Hah! Good timing then, eh?? Thank you, I feel pretty good and thanks for missing me :) We've been doing well. My husband is a skinny ass man now! It's weird. in a good way.

You know it's never a straight line to success. Initially I felt GREAT because I was losing and my RA was in remission and everything was so freaking fantastic! But then the weight loss slows, and my RA came back, perhaps because I ate wheat and sugar on a cheat day, and I hadn't had a cheat day before then, and then I've been stuck and you start to lose hope. And then one day the stall ends and you're back in the game.

Such a roller coaster eh?

Nothing like before and afters or before and nows to get a girl to appreciate how far she's come.

GG. It's good to see you. I was just a few days behind you at the same surgeon and my wt loss has slowed. Anyway, our numbers are nearly identical. It's great to see your pictures, to see how we were, and how beautiful your figure is today. Keep on doing what your doing and feel great about your progress. How's the hubs?

Thanks for posting.

All of us love to post after or during pics, and I'm no exception. Today however, I'm also posting my before pics in all their "Glory" and let me tell you, it's not easy to post these. I used to wonder why vets hated posting their before pics. Surely it was a sign of how far they'd come? Now I understand why we hate posting them. Because we show ourselves and the world how far it had gone, how far out of control it was, and how much work we had ahead of us. Feeling emotional today as I share these with you but forcing myself to be honest with myself. I hope someone who is unsure will look at these and realize it will all be worth it. That stupid liquid diet, the post-op not eating thing, the pain, the worry, the concern you will never lose, the stalls. And FWIW, even with 85% of my stomach gone and a low carb diet, I only AVERAGE about 2 lbs of loss a week, including the early days of 20 lbs in one month. Yeah that doesn't happen anymore. This month I lost 2 lbs in a MONTH. So hang in there, it will happen for you as well :) I'm 5'5 tall and large build based on wrist measurement. SW: 230, SW: 222, CW: 158.6, GW: 150

Thanks so much for this!! Awesome job! We are the same height and start weight....I can only hope I have the same success!

Congratulations! Thank you so much for posting your pics. You are an inspiration.

Hi so inspiring! Tomorrow is my surgery and I'm so scared I stumbled across the complication site and had no idea no one ever told me about complications (did think so bad) I am having second thoughts just since last night! I have a 4 yr old and can't imagine not being well enough to take care of him! Please any advice scared and nervous!

You look marvelous! Thanks for the post. It inspires us to keep going forward.

Gamergirl, you look AMAZING! Thank you for posting those pictures nad especially for what you wrote about emotions, how far things had gone, and how far you've come. I'm so impressed, and so happy for you. I love your practical truth telling attitude about slow loss and staying in the game too. Thank you VERY much - this post made me day.

Kate

I completely understand the mental punishments we put ourselves through. I am 7 months out, down 70 lbs also, and goal is about 10 or so lbs away. People have commented positively to my weight loss. I am open about the fact I had surgery, but almost choked on my own response yesterday to the question about "how much have you lost?". I really do not want to admit to anyone, let alone myself, that I had let myself get so overweight. I tried to discuss these feelings with my husband who is very supportive, and said I should be proud of my achievement. He doesn't understand it, though. I can not be proud, and I still feel shame on looking at my old pictures. Some day this may resolve, but so far, my mental transformation has not caught up to my physical transformation.

We women are strange creatures, I guess.

PS: It's good to see you here again.

You look HOT woman! :)

Gamegirl you are such inspiration. I thank you so much for posting your pictures. I know it might be hard doing it but you did it anyways. I'm glad I had the chance to see them cause in 11 days will be me having sleeve surgery and right now my anxiety level is very high. Your pictures helped me a lot to go thru this day and keep focus. I hope some day I will b able to do the same and help/inspire somebody else. You look great!!!!!

Hi so inspiring! Tomorrow is my surgery and I'm so scared I stumbled across the complication site and had no idea no one ever told me about complications (did think so bad) I am having second thoughts just since last night! I have a 4 yr old and can't imagine not being well enough to take care of him! Please any advice scared and nervous!

I suggest you talk to a friend and ask them to be a back up in case it's needed. That may ease you mind. You ARE taking care of him by taking care of yourself.