Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Anniversary

Today is my one year anniversary and I just had to post here and thank all of you veterans for all of the advice and support you have provided to me over the past year and a half since I started reading this site well before my surgery. You have provided invaluable help to me and to many others I am sure. My surgeons office was great and I went to a few support group meetings but found much better support here (I think its the annonimity). I am proud to be able to legitimately post here now and hope I can share some of what I have learned with others.

This surgery has provided me with a second chance to enjoy life and it has been more successful than my wildest dreams. I just got back from a 3.7 mile run outside, yes I said outside! I would have never done this a year ago since I would feel too exposed. I also can't believe I am now fit enough to actually jog this distance. Alright already enough about me I just can't wipe the smile off my face.

Good for you! :)

I have to agree, the information the vets have posted here is invaluable and has helped me immensely.

Whoo hoo! I had the same experience (and am not alone). I'm glad you found here. This is so much better, you can get so many more ideas, a wider range of experiences, etc. Its great!! You can also help more people on here. :)

Glad it worked for you and congratulations!!

Vic

My surgeons office was great and I went to a few support group meetings but found much better support here

Ditto ;)

Congrats and Happy First Sleevisversary! I do love our online group. I think it's partially because it's worldwide, so there are many more viewpoints than the handful I get at F2F meetings. Alex does a great job of finding articles and info on WLS and sharing them too, so I always feel up on the latest.

Lynda

Thank you all and Isereno you have been one of my favorite vets to follow. I find your posts to be motivating and positive.

HELL YA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches