Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! For those that have UHC, I was wondering how fast you were approved once your info was submitted? My packet is going to be submitted soon, so curious. Thanks!!

I don't have UHC but you might check about a week after it is submitted to make sure they get it. Luckily, I called my insurance for something else and just happened to ask. They had not received it even though dr office said they had faxed it 7 days earlier. They gave me the fax number, I had the dr office refax to that number, they reviewed it the next day and it was approved the following day.

I have UHC. I have not submitted for my WLS yet, but I just had surgery on my back. It took them about two weeks to approve that surgery. They say it can take up to 21 business days.

I was UHC. They told me three weeks and "don't check back earlier." LOL. That was about how long it took. I got a phone call and a letter.

I called them everyday to see if I was approved for my back surgery. They even gave me the phone number to their clinical services department. They people who supposedly make the decisions. They were nice enough to call me when they had a decision. No one is going to stop me from calling.. Lol

I have UHC as well. I go to the surgeon again tomorrow and hope this process will speed up a bit now.

Mine was 5 days. But they will tell you it can take up to 30 days.

Mine was 7 days, but they told me it could take 30 days

I have UHC and my approval took less than 24 hrs. My drs office and I were amazed. They said they had never seen anyone approved that fast. The whole process only took me a little over a month and just had surgery on the 21st.

My Dr's office said 7-10 days for UHC and it's been 9 and no word. I'm converting from a band to a sleeve and am getting worried the news could be bad. My BMI is 35-36 and I have sleep apnea. I have UHC HMO through the federal govt. Do they have different criteria and approval process from what all you others have? I will be calling tomorrow!

You should def call. I first was submitted to UHC and they'd approve me in two days if I didn't have this pre-existing clause on my policy.

I'm sorry. I am new to this app. I am married to a soldier. We are stationed at Ft Stewart GA. I was approved for the sleeve on post however the surgeons are deploying in May and do not have anymore slots until after we pcs in Oct. so I was wondering if I could get a referral for off post in Savannah and have our insurance cover it for the sleeve? I've gone through all of the steps to have it. Even the EKG that can be done again on post for free if need be. I don't know who to turn to. I really want to have this done before my husband leaves for Recruiter school in July 2014. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was approved yesterday!!!! It only took UHC 7 days!!! Looser bench here I come!!