Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit - force or flex?

What have you tried and why do you love/hate it?

I have the FitBit Flex - I purchased it about a month before the Force came out. For me having the display on the wristband isn't a big deal - I always have my phone with me and can synch thru Bluetooth any time. It might be nice to have the display, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I love the Flex and all it comes with. I log my food on my phone with the FitBit app - it's easy. I like the fact you can track your sleep - it was nice to show the hubby that when he comes to bed around midnight, that he's not being as quiet as he thinks; I showed him every night when flopped into bed (he's more aware now).

The wristband isn't necessary a fashion accessory, but I don't mind. It does look a little like those rubber Livestrong or message bracelets, but when someone looks closely, they will ask what it is.

For me it's a great tool - just another one I need in my toolbox along with my trusty sleeve. It should come with a shock collar that shocks you if you don't move!!!!!

Hope this info helps.

I am considering buying a Flex with the Amazon gift card I got for Xmas.

Edited by magtart

I got the Fitbit Force for Christmas and I love it. I have it linked to my account on My Fitness Pal and I can continue journaling my food, Water, and exercise on MFP and it syncs over to my Fitbit Dashboard. I wanted the display because I don't currently wear a watch and although I do carry a phone in my pocket all the time, it's still easier to check the time on my Force vs pulling my phone out of my pocket :). I like being able to track my sleep patterns as well, and I like that on the Fitbit site I can also log my BP and Glucose readings as well.

So far, I am very happy with the Force ! Some people did complain about how hard it is to get the strap on for the first few weeks with the Force model, but I never had any issues except I had it fall off once as I caught the sleeve of my jacket on the clasp that fastens the strap and it let go.

Edited by Jdub

Up until today I'd never heard of the fitbit! I've had a look online and can see the fitbit flex and some other devices, but not the force - what is the difference between them?

Both the Force and the Flex come with a wristband - the Force has a display on the wristband, but the Flex does not. FitBit also has other devices like the FitBit One or the Zip. The One and Zip can be put on a a belt, bra or waistband or placed in your pocket.

I also had a Body Media (like the Body Bugg you will see on The Biggest Loser) armband a couple of years ago. I liked it, but it's really noticeable on your upper arm.

The downside to the devices I have had (the Flex and the Body Media) is they don't track things like a bike ride well. I remove my flex when I take a bike ride because it will pick up some of the bumps as steps, but won't track well with the peddling. I manually enter activity like that, then put my wristband back on.

Thank you all for your responces! I know I want a fitbit but I still can't make up my mind between the flex and the force!! Arg... decisions decisions

Thank you all for your responces! I know I want a fitbit but I still can't make up my mind between the flex and the force!! Arg... decisions decisions

Well... Ask yourself this? If you don't have a smartphone or are near your computer all day long to access the dashboard, would you like to see your totals for the day? If so, then you would probably like the force more. I like hitting the button and seeing my steps, calories burned, floors climbed, etc...without having to sync my force and look at the dashboard on my phone or computer.

I read that the Force falls off a lot because of some issue with the band. Have you had any problems with that?

I started with a Force about 1 month ago. I wanted to get my son one for Xmas, but they were sold out, so I got him a Flex. Then we traded since he has no smart phone and I do (he's 12:)!).

The display is great for him & wasn't necessary for me. With Flex you get 2 wristbands in 2 sizes . Flex wristbands seem to stay on WAY better. Our Force (& 2 friends' forces) come off a lot. (We may send it back).

Well... Ask yourself this? If you don't have a smartphone or are near your computer all day long to access the dashboard, would you like to see your totals for the day? If so, then you would probably like the force more. I like hitting the button and seeing my steps, calories burned, floors climbed, etc...without having to sync my force and look at the dashboard on my phone or computer.

Went to 4 different places today and everyone's out of everything. . Bummer. . Gonna have to order one

I just got the Fitbit One a couple weeks ago. I didn't like the idea of wearing a Bracelet style tracker. The One clips onto my belt and shows me the time, steps, floors, and tracks my sleep. And it is discreet...

But is is awesome and links with MY Fitness pal and a host of other websites that give rewards for walking and even earns me points on my Walgreens rewards card for their "steps" program. I have found it to be very motivational and even walked up the stairs twice today to my hotel room on the 4th floor...it feels good to see that show up in Fitbit app!!

I didn't realize it will link to your Walgreens card! I'll have to check into that. Thanks.