Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The saga continues

Well, for those who have been following my extremely unique WLS journey. The new and incredibly painful event happened 2 days ago...I turned over in bed and dislocated 3 ribs...Not only dislocated them but twisted them, and tore the tissue between them...

Now apparently this happens to people sometimes who have not been able to exercise or move normal for a long time..Hence me in a hospital bed for 5 months and 3 months that followed with limited movement....

So they said it was just a matter of time before it could, may, quite possibly happened to me....

WELL....goody for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pain is incredibly awful and the only med I am allowed to take is Tylenol...regular strength because of the pain killer addiction in the hospital....Now 3 days into this part of my recovery journey I am so sore I cannot sit, stand, lay down or walk with out screaming in agony.....

Too much fun this journey....Well at least the weight is still coming off....lol

I have to go for a week every day to the Chiropractor to make sure they stay in place..

Can't wait to see what will unfold next......Dam! And not the kind that holds Water either..... :mellow:

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Your pain and perseverance through it all shows what kind of mentally tough person you are. Your story and journey scares and inspires me. I can only hope if I am tested like you that I can measure up to your level of tenacity.

Frankly, that turn of events (pun not intended) really sucks and I am sorry this is one more challenge where you get the opportunity to show your mental toughness and strength of character.

I am not normally one for prayers, but, well, thinking of you and wishing you well.

Your pain and perseverance through it all shows what kind of mentally tough person you are. Your story and journey scares and inspires me. I can only hope if I am tested like you that I can measure up to your level of tenacity.

Frankly, that turn of events (pun not intended) really sucks and I am sorry this is one more challenge where you get the opportunity to show your mental toughness and strength of character.

I am not normally one for prayers, but, well, thinking of you and wishing you well.

I am happy to take the well wishes bearman99.. :)

OMG!

So, will this continue to happen or will it get better once you're able to exercise again?!?!

I think they could use you for an entire case study or studies!

Good grief, girlfriend. I'm praying for you!

OMG, RJ!! How much more can you handle!! I'm so sorry and am praying for relief for you. You've been through so much already.

OMG!

So, will this continue to happen or will it get better once you're able to exercise again?!?!

I think they could use you for an entire case study or studies!

Good grief, girlfriend. I'm praying for you!

Case study..now that's a good one..lol

Are you sure that anyone in the entire world would do this if they all knew what can possibly happen outside of death.....

I guess maybe it is the extent someone will go to be thin and healthy eh!!!!!!!!

I read one of your posts right before surgery - it detailed your issues and complications (that sounds trite - it's not meant to). I then read it to my husband. I admit, he freaked out and asked if I wanted to back out. I did think about it, because I'm not sure I'm strong like you. I certainly could not handle things with the grace you have.

Sending you much love and support and thanks for all you do for us here on this forum!

I read one of your posts right before surgery - it detailed your issues and complications (that sounds trite - it's not meant to). I then read it to my husband. I admit, he freaked out and asked if I wanted to back out. I did think about it, because I'm not sure I'm strong like you. I certainly could not handle things with the grace you have.

Sending you much love and support and thanks for all you do for us here on this forum!

When I tell my story here it is to educate...not to scare people..I was no where near ready to face the issues I have faced with this adventure.....but I either scream my head off, stamp my feet or make the best of the situation by reaping the positives out of every one of my experiences...I chose to go there...

What happened to me is really rare...But it gave someone like you hun the chance to really think it through and make an educated decision.....So to me it is worth it all to see someone learn and be aware of the good and bad of it...You have had it really good and I am so happy for you... I am glad your poor hubby has had an easier time adjusting then mine has.....You mean a lot to me on here as well....I enjoy reading your posts because they are the way it was supposed to be for all of us!!!!

Rj... I dont know what to say. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that it's not for us to question but to do the best with whatever challenges God gives us. It's stories like yours that reinforce my faith. It's so incredibly unfair what continues to happen to you and yet the way you continue to inspire us throughout your own suffering is nothing short of miraculous. You are truly a special gift and I pray that you find peace and health.

RJ you are a real trooper. I am amazed at your positive attitude and willingness to help others by providing useful and positive information after everything that has happened to you. You deserve so much more out of life. I am praying for you and just know that 2014 will be your year of health and success.

RJ, I'm so sorry you have to endure yet another painful event. Have you asked your doc about being able to take tramadol? It's not as addicting as narcotics and it works really well for certain pain (not headaches) More effective for me than Vicodin when I had my neck surgery and more effective for my friend who broke a collar bone and 2 ribs.

If still no pain Meds allowed, have you checked into acupuncture? It may relief some pain and even help with healing and address other stressor issues. (But you have no stress, right? :) )

RJ you are a real trooper. I am amazed at your positive attitude and willingness to help others by providing useful and positive information after everything that has happened to you. You deserve so much more out of life. I am praying for you and just know that 2014 will be your year of health and success.

Oh no....you said it! I told my husband not to say 2014 was going to be the year everything perked up and it would be my year....Every time he says that it is a worse year then the year before.....oh crap!!!!!!!!! Now what will happen do you think? LOL

RJ, I'm so sorry you have to endure yet another painful event. Have you asked your doc about being able to take tramadol? It's not as addicting as narcotics and it works really well for certain pain (not headaches) More effective for me than Vicodin when I had my neck surgery and more effective for my friend who broke a collar bone and 2 ribs.

If still no pain Meds allowed, have you checked into acupuncture? It may relief some pain and even help with healing and address other stressor issues. (But you have no stress, right? :) )

I have had acupuncture for pain and deep massage therapy for pain...In fact I go to an Osteopath right now as he is helping me with my pneumonia.....the Doctor says it is coming along..That is good to hear...But I cough a lot and it is really hurting my side..ouch ...I have tried it all....There is a real danger for someone who has become addicted to pain killers to take a risk with meds that you are not familiar with..So Tylenol it is and pain as it happens.....We have addictive personalities and that is just one more issue that I have to be careful about!

never thought I would have to have rehab over drugs they gave me in the hospital so I would survive without extreme pain.....Oh well..just another step in the long staircase to a healthier me...right!

Wow RJ....so so sorry. I have nothing helpful to offer...other than well wishes and all the good vibes I can muster. I hope things turn around for you very soon.

I don't post on here often but I have read your posts about your WLS adventure and am sending well wishes your way. I appreciate how optimistic you are despite all the hurdles you've experienced and are experiencing. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope you are on the mend very soon.