Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding Pants That Fit

Hoping for some suggestions...

I've become very pear shaped. Went shopping Thursday night as I need some dress slacks for work. The current ones I'm wearing I can pull the waistband away from my body and see all the way to my shoes. I couldn't find any that fit properly. I found some 14W that fit my butt and hips but were too large in the waist. Even with a belt they would still gap in the back. I left without buying any. I might have bought that one pair but I just won't spend $50 on pants that don't fit right.

So I'm looking for suggestions of brand names of dress slacks for pear shaped women.

I have discovered that some makers actually make "curvy" sizes. They're just a little roomier in the hips and butt. I've seen them at Sears, JCPenneys, and Kohls. I even saw some at Walmart once. They're not plus sized, either. My very shapely, normal weight daughter even wears them because she's got my hips and butt gene too. I even found curvy petite pants at Kohls and did a happy dance.

(I wish I could remember the exact brand, but I bought them two sizes ago and no longer have them, ugh!)

As for jeans, I can't find ones I like better than Riders by Lee, relaxed fit, straight legged. Again, with the relaxed fit, it gives a little room in the hips and butt.

From one pear shaped girl to another, good luck! :)

Thanks Mis

I think I had some of the curvy ones in the dressing room. I think I'm just too un-proportional right now. My waist is down to a 32 but I still carry a lot in my butt/hips and my thighs. And since I need work slacks I refuse to have them tight in my thighs. Guess I'll just have to venture out again and try on more. Maybe I'll at least find some on sale.

Here is my philosophy on work cloths. I work in a legal office and when i find a style and size that works for me I but only that style and size...all in black. Then I fuss with the tops. Nobody has ever noticed that I always wear the "same" pants. With my body changing I will need to find a new brand and it looks like Christopher Banks may be the place.

Bonnie

I'm much the same. I was just trying to find some black slacks that fit. I know I tried on at least 15 pairs in Macy's the other night. I'll just have to try again as there were still brands I didn't try.

Thanks Mis

I think I had some of the curvy ones in the dressing room. I think I'm just too un-proportional right now. My waist is down to a 32 but I still carry a lot in my butt/hips and my thighs. And since I need work slacks I refuse to have them tight in my thighs. Guess I'll just have to venture out again and try on more. Maybe I'll at least find some on sale.

Good advice!

Thanks Mis

Believe me, I feel your pain. I can wear size Medium shirts but still need size 14 pants. My bottom half is WAY bigger than my top half. It makes dress shopping almost impossible!

Yes yes yes

And I know you can't truly exercise and get rid of fat from an area. But would do just about anything to shrink my thighs. I can deal with the full butt/hips. Can't stand slacks to be even form fitting on my thighs. As far as dresses go, I still got some boobs so size 14 dresses look ok. In fact I've mainly been wearing dresses with suit jackets and sweaters. But with the onset of cold weather I was wanting some pants.

Do you have a Gordmans? They have a lot of nice plus sized options. Lane Bryant also offers (or at least did) pants for certain hip widths.

I found my new FAVORITE pants at Khol's. They are by Jennifer Lopez; however, they are leggings, not dress slacks. I would advise you to check out her clothing line, as she DOES have plus sizes.

Pants are my nightmare. I'm down to two pair that kind of fit; one I had saved from my "thinner" days, and one I just picked up for cheap at H and M.

I find Talbot's trousers and jeans to fit pear shapes pretty well. They make different cuts, and I think the one I like is "Heritage", which sits at the waist. ("Signature" sits below the waist and is not at all flattering for me). If you can hit Talbot's at a sale, the prices aren't too bad.

Edited by parisshel

Thanks for the info. My waist is a reg 14 maybe a 12. But hips and thighs are not. Hopefully I can find a brand that's curvy like me. I'll check out kolhs and Talbots.