Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off Topic...but In Desperate Need For Advice

My life changed in August 2012. I had a weird sensation suddonly cross me one morning. It was a dizzy feeling....not spinning....more like an internal rocking chair....constantly. This feeling has left me unable to preform my job (I am a nurse) and it has never left since that day in August. I had just bought a house and had my life together...now im struggling to stay afloat. I live day by day praying to get back to normal. Ive seen a cardiologist who knows I failed a "tilt table test" passed out cold in 15 minutes....and knows of my slow heart rate...but has no suggestions. Ive seen an endocrinologist who determined my pituitary was functioning normally. Only thing that is kind of weird is my sodium will drop low sporadically and I will need fluids. I had gastric sleeve surgery 11-11 to hopefully flush this dizziness along with the Weight. Anyone have any ideas? And labs I might need checked? Anythinnnnng that might help me figure this out? Its ruining whats supposed to be the best years of my life! I have also have a MRI of my brain which was normal.

I would think you have an inbalance somewhere. If you haven't had your labs checked, please do that. You need your B12 levels, Vitamin D, potassium, Calcium, magnesium and complete CBC workup. I'm not a Dr so I'm just going by what I've been having checked every 6 months. I'm sure your endocrinologist checked your thyroid?? TSH? T3 T4? I'm surprised they didn't do a complete blood workup on you? Did the cardiologist do a stress test, echocardiagram?

I just noticed you said you were a nurse. I'm sure you know all of this. :)

Hope you feel better soon!!

Regretfully I don't have any experience with what you're describing, but I have a couple of people I know who we're dealing with chronic conditions. In both cases they ultimately found the answer. Just because the medical team you've been seeing doesn't have an answer doesn't mean an answer isn't out there somewhere. I encourage you to keep looking for the answer on the internet and in the medical community. Keep up your courage and good attitude.

Thank u guys so much....after a year and some odd months its hard to stay strong. my echo and stress test was normal. Only abnormal was tilt table test. Labs are all normal except vitamun d is 25. On supplements. I think if I lose 50lbs and the symptoms are still as severe im going to venture to Vanderbilt in Nashville. They have an autonomic clinic. Thanks again!

Ok, I used to have dizzy spells often. They would come on when I wasn't sitting straight and has happened all my life. The doctor said it was vertigo. It felt like my eyes were rapidly jerking in a circle. I would be off balanced if I walked while having an episode. In my 40's I developed high blood pressure and this vertigo became rampant. I began to research it on my own to find a natural cure and nothing worked, so one day I did something interesting. When the vertigo episode began, I would stand up and bend over so the blood would rush to my head. IT STOPPED THE EPISODE!!! Yet, I still have them at at places where bending over is not an option. Then I noticed that when I am stressed or overly anxious I would have an episode, so I tried to recognize when this would happen. After the episode I would have a Migraine (not painful, just those debilitating lightning streaks.) Over time, these episodes are not as often as earlier days. When I get them, I lay down and go to sleep.

Also, I have had low potassium due to medication and stress and was hospitalized for it. Nothing to play with! These also caused dizzy spells. I hope you find out what is causing your spells and find the right help.

My life changed in August 2012. I had a weird sensation suddonly cross me one morning. It was a dizzy feeling....not spinning....more like an internal rocking chair....constantly. This feeling has left me unable to preform my job (I am a nurse) and it has never left since that day in August. I had just bought a house and had my life together...now im struggling to stay afloat. I live day by day praying to get back to normal. Ive seen a cardiologist who knows I failed a "tilt table test" passed out cold in 15 minutes....and knows of my slow heart rate...but has no suggestions. Ive seen an endocrinologist who determined my pituitary was functioning normally. Only thing that is kind of weird is my sodium will drop low sporadically and I will need fluids. I had gastric sleeve surgery 11-11 to hopefully flush this dizziness along with the Weight. Anyone have any ideas? And labs I might need checked? Anythinnnnng that might help me figure this out? Its ruining whats supposed to be the best years of my life! I have also have a MRI of my brain which was normal.

I was having the bad dizzy spells, room spinning, black spots, vomiting, had ever test they could think of. I spent 3 days in the hospital. I went to a walk in clinic did a TSH and put me on 75mcg levothyroxin. No spell in a year

Have you had your ears checked ? Just a thought

The only thing I personally can relate that to is the feeling I get when starting or stopping depression meds. Maybe you have an imbalance of depression chemicals? ?

I was sick with so much nausea for three months finally took Meclizine and it went away. I think I had vertigo after spending 1 month in the hospital with every test run in the world. Finally just stopped after the Meclizine. Motion sickness over the counter.

I'm guessing the tilt table test was also checking for Meniere's disease - although that would not account for the cardiac issues.

Best of luck to quickly find a good solution.

Do your internal body sounds (heartbeat, eye blinking, chewing) seem loud to you?

My daughter has dysautonomia. She also had sudden onset syncope and dizzyness one day a few years ago. She failed the tilt table test, too. She saw several cardiologists with little help. Eventually we found an electophysiologist who made a big difference. We were lucky, he is a world renowned physician and people come from all over the world to see him and he is near us. If you want you can PM for information. I do wish you well!

Omg im going to pm you! And yes my chewing and blinking especialllly my heart beat sound loud and I hear it all the time! Thanks for everyones help and good vibes! They say my ears are fine!

Omg im going to pm you! And yes my chewing and blinking especialllly my heart beat sound loud and I hear it all the time! Thanks for everyones help and good vibes! They say my ears are fine!

There is a rare disorder called Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome that you should ask your doc about. It's unlikely, but it can't hurt to ask. My brother has it and he describes his dizziness as a rocking feeling.