Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on October 23 and about 4 days ago I started having a burning pain every time I move. The pain is only from the incision that the stomach comes out of. I have a hard time getting up or down and there is a hard lump around the incision site. I called the Dr. office today and didn't seem to concerned and said they would look it over on Thursday at my appointment. Has anyone had pain around this site?

I was the 21st and my largest indication was very sore and larger than the others and raised. I saw my dr. Last Monday and said it look ok.

If it is really bad I would ask to come in before Thursday. Do u think that it's infected ?

USUALLY - not always, burning pain is nerve pain. May be from the incision and manipulation of the surrounding tissue due to removal of the stomach through that area if that is in fact the one that was used. If the area is red, hot or warm to the touch, has purulent (green, yellow) drainage or if you are running fever, I would definitely not wait until Thursday. I've heard others on here state that the one incision does hurt more and have heard it described as a burning pain.

No I don't think it's infected. No redness, or discharge coming from site definetly something under the skin. A lot of people have said it sounds normal and part of the healing process. I just think it is weird I didn't have it and then 4 days ago it shows up.

I was sleeved on October 18th. I also had a 5 cm hiatal hernia repair. I am starting to wonder what pain is what. At first the incision where the stomach was removed was the most painful. It got better then the one next started being very painful to where it feels as if I have done a million sit ups. There is an indent behind the incision and sometimes the pain goes into my back. I forget to realize that I am only 2 weeks out but I don't know what I am supposed to be feeling.

I have the same exact thing. I am not worried about it. I go to the doctor on Wednesday. Mine has been there ever since surgery and is getting better now.

The pain might be the result of the internal stitches most docs put inside that incision to secure it to the abdominal wall. I have a slight dent above that incision and I asked my doc what that was from. He said it was the stitches. When I've tried to do ab exercises, I can still feel mild, weird pain and a tugging where the stitches are. So am sure that's what it is from with most of you.

I was sleeved on October 18th. I also had a 5 cm hiatal hernia repair. I am starting to wonder what pain is what. At first the incision where the stomach was removed was the most painful. It got better then the one next started being very painful to where it feels as if I have done a million sit ups. There is an indent behind the incision and sometimes the pain goes into my back. I forget to realize that I am only 2 weeks out but I don't know what I am supposed to be feeling.

Not sleeved yet but they are planning on doing a hernia repair. Many people have said the hernia repair pain seems worse than the sleeve pain. Nervous 'bout that part. Two sources of discomfort. Eye on the prize though!

That's what is crazy, I don't know what my body is telling me. Dr. Said to take it easy for 3 weeks to let the hernia heal so I have only lost 12 lbs. I know it will get better soon but I just have to stay very in tune to what I think my body is telling me. Best to you on both procedures, and don't overlook you pain meds. They are there for a reason!

I was sleeved on October 15th and I have the same pulling/burning pain in my biggest incision. Dr said that was my port and it would take the longest to heal. I have also developed a hardness underneath that site (I believe that to be scar tissue ). My friends who have had c-sections say they had similar experiences. The pulling/burning feeling gets so bad sometimes that I have to hold the incision tight when walking to keep it from moving . Glad to know it's not just me.

Newbie I know exactly what you are talking about.... I also have to hold my incision when I get up walk to far etc.

Get a binder....works wonders

I second the binder- it helped me SO much my first three weeks after surgery. I got mine from my surgeon's office but you can buy them online and at medical supply stores.

Edited by DeniseM

I believe this is pretty common. I am 8 months out and remember posting something on here because I didn't want to bother my surgeon with a million questions and 5 phone calls a day. A ton of people replied mostly with the same response of nerve pain and healing. When I went to my appointment my Dr said the same thing AND if I ever have questions don't feel like I am bothering him, they are here to help! I found this site is a good place to start searching for answers to see if its an emergency or if a phone call to the Dr is in order. We all have been where u are and with the amount of people here a few have shared the same symptoms.

I found rubbing mine very lightly took the burning sensation away temporarily