Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein drink quandry...advice?

Hello gurus! I need your advice. I was told by some muscle-bound GNC dudes today that the pre-mixed Isoppure Protein Drinks are very chalky-tasting. (But they claimed the huge $45 tub of Isopure powder was excellent.) I am looking for a sports-drink-like alternative to the shakes. Is there anything palatable that has good Protein and has a different texture than a shake?

I have only tried the pumpkin spice and while I would not call it chalky, it is very very sweet.

I live by the Isopure drinks (just got a case of the green tea in today) You have to try them for yourself. There are so many flavors to choose from I started with the variety pack and now I have tried just about every flavor out (except the elusive black tea. I offer a reward to anyone who actually finds a bottle out there) I have a big 20 oz cup and i fill it with ice and i drink on 1 bottle all through out the day. I've tried just about everything out there in terms of Protein drinks and this is by far for me the best. My favorite flavors are apple melon and grape. But coming in a close second was syntax nectar again multiple fruit flavors available but i just did not like the artificial sweetness. Hope this helps

don't know if this is exactly the flavor you are looking for, but try this:

http://www.bodybuild...ore/nb/tea.html

If this is it, let me know what the reward might be :P

Edited by sknyinside

I think the premixed Isopure drinks are revolting . . . so gross. But lots of people love them. I do like the Syntrax Nectar flavors. You mix them with Water and they taste more like juice or lemonade or tea than the regular milky Protein Shakes. You can get sample packs of them -- just google Syntrax nectar sample pack.

sorry sknyinside the link you posted was to the greentea. I am looking for the black tea with lemon. GNC has it on the website and 3x's ive ordered and 3x's they cancelled my order. according to them its on "backorder" this has been 4 months ongoing. no prize for you! but thanks.

sorry sknyinside the link you posted was to the greentea. I am looking for the black tea with lemon. GNC has it on the website and 3x's ive ordered and 3x's they cancelled my order. according to them its on "backorder" this has been 4 months ongoing. no prize for you! but thanks.

This site says they have the black tea in stock:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/tea.html

This site says they have the black tea in stock: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/tea.html

It's right under the picture of the green tea where it says black tea in stock.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! Wags is the winner of the 30 second dream vacation. To redeem your prize simply close your eyes and for the next 30 seconds dream of the most amazing, exotic vacation you can imagine. Enjoy your stay compliments of Sleevie J. Seriously thank you I do plan to place an order.

I think the premixed Isopure drinks are revolting . . . so gross. But lots of people love them. I do like the Syntrax nectar flavors. You mix them with Water and they taste more like juice or lemonade or tea than the regular milky Protein shakes. You can get sample packs of them -- just google Syntrax Nectar sample pack.

I don't think they taste chalky' date=' but they are pretty gross... Almost have a weird artificial plasticy aftertaste. I gag them down on days that I'm low on protein- each bottle has 40g, so if I can get it down I feel good about meeting goals!

bodyweight.png?ts=1382456267

Ok. The Syntax Fuzzy Navel sounded great until I saw it has 5g of Protein (am I right?). Soooo...I'll probably try the Isopure grape and see if I can deal with it. It has 40 g. of protein I believe, so if I can tolerate it, it might be worth the $$. I suppose if it's too sweet for me, I could Water it down...

Ok. The Syntax Fuzzy Navel sounded great until I saw it has 5g of Protein (am I right?). Soooo...I'll probably try the Isopure grape and see if I can deal with it. It has 40 g. of Protein I believe' date=' so if I can tolerate it, it might be worth the . I suppose if it's too sweet for me, I could Water it down...[/quote']

Fuzzy navel is 6g per quarter scoop, so 24g per scoop- not bad. I think it's a little sweet though, so it would probably be better with more Water, or less powder.

bodyweight.png?ts=1382456267

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! Wags is the winner of the 30 second dream vacation. To redeem your prize simply close your eyes and for the next 30 seconds dream of the most amazing, exotic vacation you can imagine. Enjoy your stay compliments of Sleevie J. Seriously thank you I do plan to place an order.

You're welcome!!

I just took my dream vacation and it was fabulous!! Thank you!

Edited by Wags

I bought Isopure drinks on Amazon in 8 oz bottles (combo pack of punch and grape). I find 8 oz much easier to choke down, but it is less Protein than the big bottles.

I live by the Isopure drinks (just got a case of the green tea in today) You have to try them for yourself. There are so many flavors to choose from I started with the variety pack and now I have tried just about every flavor out (except the elusive black tea. I offer a reward to anyone who actually finds a bottle out there) I have a big 20 oz cup and i fill it with ice and i drink on 1 bottle all through out the day. I've tried just about everything out there in terms of Protein drinks and this is by far for me the best. My favorite flavors are apple melon and grape. But coming in a close second was syntax nectar again multiple fruit flavors available but i just did not like the artificial sweetness. Hope this helps

HOW MUCH protein is in one of these drinks.. and is this why you drink one a day? Just my question for you....Do you get other protein , in other ways?