Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shaving woes!

I'm still preop and I decided that I wanted change it up a little in the bedroom for the hubs. So I decided to shave "down there" Not just a trim, I decided to "scorch the earth" (my husband's phrase, not mine). OMG, it was next to impossible because of my giant belly and short arms. I'm 5'2 and 260lbs and very apple shaped. It was almost funny ... Almost. I tried standing, lying down, one leg on the toilet, and still only got about 80% done. Anyway, at least he appreciated my hard work. I hope I don't need a catheter for surgery, because I don't know if I can manage such a feat again until I can get some of this weight off. Anyway, I thought you girls might be able to appreciate this post.

Well maybe that was for the best, you never know. A friend of mine did it, and she waxed herself! I mean she did it on her own! Can you imagine how painful that must have been?? So anyway she does it....and it SO freaked her husband out that he pretty much couldn't get it up that night :P

Not QUITE the effect she'd been going for :)

Hey when you are post op, this can be one of your NSVs! :) I hope your husband appreciated your efforts.

I do this all the time , I don't like to have a lot of hair but my goodness its a PROCESS !! My hunny loves it .. I do it about every 3 to 4 weeks ..

None the less it definitely is WAY TOO MUCH WORK with all this weight it takes at least 1 to 1.5 hours ..

well, the place I have the worst saggy skin is my mons/FUPA. It looks terrible, like someone stapled a bunch of deflated, wrinkly chicken skin to the front of my crotch. I'm actually thinking about letting the hair grow out in front (I usually shave) because I think that will camouflage it better. Other people may be looking forward to boob lifts and tummy tucks after they finish weight loss, but I may be pulling off a bank heist to afford a mons lift somewhere down the line. So I guess what I am saying is, beware the alternative!

well' date=' the place I have the worst saggy skin is my mons/FUPA. It looks terrible, like someone stapled a bunch of deflated, wrinkly chicken skin to the front of my crotch. I'm actually thinking about letting the hair grow out in front (I usually shave) because I think that will camouflage it better. Other people may be looking forward to boob lifts and tummy tucks after they finish weight loss, but I may be pulling off a bank heist to afford a mons lift somewhere down the line. So I guess what I am saying is, beware the alternative![/quote']

My mons was lifted with my lower body lift. No more shaving above my scar line. :-)

Brazilian wax is a girls best friend

Brazilian wax is a girls best friend

so painful though!! Had it once, thought I would die. Or really wished I would die but wasn't dying fast enough.

so painful though!! Had it once' date=' thought I would die. Or really wished I would die but wasn't dying fast enough.[/quote']

It gets easier each time

so painful though!! Had it once' date=' thought I would die. Or really wished I would die but wasn't dying fast enough.[/quote'] does get easier for sure. No yoga moves necessary

I have had all my hair lasered full Brazilian laser so I'm super smooth I haven't shaved in months

I have had all my hair lasered full Brazilian laser so I'm super smooth I haven't shaved in months
nice. How many times did that take?

How painful was that? Especially down there?

well' date=' the place I have the worst saggy skin is my mons/FUPA. It looks terrible, like someone stapled a bunch of deflated, wrinkly chicken skin to the front of my crotch. I'm actually thinking about letting the hair grow out in front (I usually shave) because I think that will camouflage it better. Other people may be looking forward to boob lifts and tummy tucks after they finish weight loss, but I may be pulling off a bank heist to afford a mons lift somewhere down the line. So I guess what I am saying is, beware the alternative![/quote']

Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaugh Haaaaaa.....hee hee hee....."wrinkly skin chicken" Lmao....ha ha....snort....snort! I can relate

nice. How many times did that take?
I had 8 sessions and numbing cream makes it bearable

Ha! I was so thrilled for this brief period of time that I could reach everything and groom myself. Hubs and I had agreement where he did the grooming for me when I found it was too hard to do because of my size. Win-win, right? Well now I don't even want to groom! Yeah, I can REACH but with the loose skin (thanks, twin pregnancy!) I don't want to SEE it!

Hubs is old school, anyway and doesn't mind but yeah, I keep the grooming to a minimum nowadays. I, too, am looking forward to the lift!

~Cheri