Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, seriously?! :/

So I've been sleeved now a day under 7 months and things (for the most part) have gone swimmingly. Went from SW 223 to my CW 134 and dropped from a 22W to a 2/4. I even dealt with the whole hair loss thing that kicked in right on schedule and freaked me out because I have PCOS and super thin hair to begin with. But I thought that now that I'm in the maintaining stage for the most part that things would level out.....

APPARENTLY, when I stopped eating all the fruits and veggies I craved after surgery at my NUT's direction and went low carb and Protein only my multi-Vitamin wasn't enough for me to get my needed Vitamins and minerals and I now have scurvy. SCURVY!! I have a pirate disease without the rum and treasure! Not even a boat!

So it's back to all the citrus I can physically consume in order to cure it. Life after a sleeve is really weird.....

That's a little scary! I hope they caught it before you started losing your teeth!

Ahoy matey....Ok, not funny. I too have PCOS and worry a great deal about the Hair loss. ( already have lost a large amount over the years) But I will deal with it. I will also remember this post and make sure to get in at least a little fruit. Crazy how this all works! Good luck and good health!..

Arrrrgh, matey!

At least they can cure this!

I'm sorry, but that really is kind of funny. Hope you get better soon!

I worried about scurvy but was laughing about it. I will stop immediately!

Thanks for the words of warning. I know I was concerned that the Protein requirements meant I wasn't getting fruits and veggies in, and my NUT has helped me add them back. I'm sorry you're suffering!

Good luck.

arrgh. lol (im sure you're going to get alot of that). That stinks. how long before its cured?

Feel better and good luck

Yo ho ho...

In all seriousness, though - I am so sorry! I am honestly surprised that more people don't get it b/c of the lack of vegetation in most of our diets.

Glad they caught it and hope it all clears up soon!

PS - You could always find a good peg leg and hook for Halloween ... ;-)

I'm sorry to hear you are ill. On the other hand, if I had to get an ancient disease, I would want it to be scurvy.

I'm sorry to hear you are ill. On the other hand' date=' if I had to get an ancient disease, I would want it to be scurvy.[/quote']

What? Not the Black Plague? Or cholera?

Cholera is good :P

I am curious to know what symptoms you had if you don't mind sharing.

I found that I can stomach mashed up blueberries in plain natural yoghurt with a bit of honey to aid digestion.. That's all the Vitamin C and roughage you could ever want and it's easy on the stomach.

Sorry for your troubles :(