Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. Im 3 days post op and its been very difficult for me. Ive been in alot of pain from the surgery and alot of gas pain :-/ the first day out of the hospital was so hard seeing my family eat a yummy dinner while i just sat there in pain drinking my nasty Protein Shake lol does anyone have any advice on how to sleep more confortably or is sleeping on your back the only comfy position after the surgery ? Im usually a tummy sleeper and its been so difficult to just not move without being in pain

I had a really difficult time with pain and nausea the first 5 days or so. I'm now 10 days post op and feel much better. It really does get better. Hang. In there. I still can't sleep on my back which is a bummer bc I have always been a side sleeper.

Hi everyone. Im 3 days post op and its been very difficult for me. Ive been in alot of pain from the surgery and alot of gas pain :-/ the first day out of the hospital was so hard seeing my family eat a yummy dinner while i just sat there in pain drinking my nasty Protein shake lol does anyone have any advice on how to sleep more confortably or is sleeping on your back the only comfy position after the surgery ? Im usually a tummy sleeper and its been so difficult to just not move without being in pain

I'm 3 days out too. Bad gas pains and bloating. I'm a tummy sleeper too but the liquid pain meds they gave me help me sleep wherever. I know how you feel about your family eating! My whole family just went out to dinner and I'm sitting here with my SF popsicles and Water. I want some food! LOL. I've had Water, Vitamin water, broth, Jello, and SF pops for three days. :(

Each day will get better. I am 10 days post op and I spent 6 hours at the office today. Just a week ago I could not have dreamed of feeling so much better that quick.

I'm 3 days post op. in a good amount of pain. My back and neck are stiff from the hospital bed. The only thing that I can eat without pain is sugar free Popsicles. Good thing I like them : )

Can't wait to be able to get outta bed and walk around without pain...any advice? Words of encouragement ??

I'm 3 days post op. in a good amount of pain. My back and neck are stiff from the hospital bed. The only thing that I can eat without pain is sugar free Popsicles. Good thing I like them : )

Can't wait to be able to get outta bed and walk around without pain...any advice? Words of encouragement ??

The more you move, the better you'll feel, really.

The more you move, the better you'll feel, really.

Ive been walking around alot and just this morning i could turn on my side to sleep w.out that much pain. Its been very difficult to be honest w.you. Like ive been craving food so much. And when i eat beef broth sometimes, idk if the pain i feel is from fullness or healing pain bc since i havent ate real food in 5 days all i want to do is pig out on the broth bc it tastes so good hahaha.

I am a tummy sleeper, 2 or 3 days after surgery I started sleeping kind of on my tummy but with a pillow under 1 side to prop me up a bit, found it very comfortable once I got into position. I was flat on my belly within a week though.

As others have said, keep sipping and moving. Every day should be a little better :)

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

Ive been walking around alot and just this morning i could turn on my side to sleep w.out that much pain. Its been very difficult to be honest w.you. Like ive been craving food so much. And when i eat beef broth sometimes' date=' idk if the pain i feel is from fullness or healing pain bc since i havent ate real food in 5 days all i want to do is pig out on the broth bc it tastes so good hahaha.[/quote']

I cant figure that out either. Am I full or is that like a healing spasm of some sort? Cuz it can be sharp for a sec or so. I want a Burger so bad! Or even just some cottage chz or something! SOMETHING!

Is the beef broth good? I only have chicken ...and it's low sodium :(

Omg yes i thought i was the only one not sure about the fullness feeling. Mine are like sharp throbbing pains and i confuse them so idk if im full or even if im hungry idk the difference and aometimes i question i the surgery even worked bc i been craving everything lol and the beef broth is okay i prefer the chicken but right now anything that doesnt taste like a Protein Shake, tastes delicious to me haha

And i got sad bc this morning i finally weighed myself and ive only lost 5 pounds since the surgery and im 4 days post op and i figured w.out all this eating i would have lost more weight ! :-(

Omg yes i thought i was the only one not sure about the fullness feeling. Mine are like sharp throbbing pains and i confuse them so idk if im full or even if im hungry idk the difference and aometimes i question i the surgery even worked bc i been craving everything lol and the beef broth is okay i prefer the chicken but right now anything that doesnt taste like a Protein shake' date=' tastes delicious to me haha[/quote']

You're not alone, for sure. Those pains can hurt! The craving is probably normal cuz your mind hasn't been changed and of course you want some good food...as do I! And eventually, we'll be able to eat that stuff but our tummys will only allow us to eat a small amount of them.

I haven't been on the scales yet. Have no energy to do much of anything! It depends on a lit of factors, as to how much you lose. I've seen some posts on here and I can't believe it'd be possible to lose that much in such short time. And, I've seen em post small amounts they've lost. When is your post-op apt? I'm sure your doc will tell you why but try not to worry too much. That's better than GAINING 5!! :)

My post op appt is on the 15th and thats true its way better than gaining 5pnds ! it just discouraged me alittle and i know it shouldnt but jeeze w.all this pain and suffering i feel like the pay off should be better ! Lol

My post op appt is on the 15th and thats true its way better than gaining 5pnds ! it just discouraged me alittle and i know it shouldnt but jeeze w.all this pain and suffering i feel like the pay off should be better ! Lol

Agreed! U start to wonder if it was worth all this. But, I've heard it is so we'll just keep trucking.

You don't go back til the 15th? Are you on Clear liquids til then? I go back on the 7th. He SHOULD move me up to full liquids. I hope. This clear liquid stuff is horrible!