Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone my name is Terri and obviously I'm new here. Lol I had my first consultation appointment last Friday July 5th. I was told I need to loose 34 pounds before I could have the surgery. My weight last Friday was 484 and now is 475. So 9 pounds in a week. Mostly Water weight though. I'm on high blood pressure meds that has a Water pill in it so I loose that weight fast.

I'm am struggling every minute. My brain is telling me to eat and its like a war going on within me. I'm only 34 and I have been over weight my whole life. I was 10 pounds 10 ozs when I was born. I've never had a "normal" weight. But I adopted a baby girl one year ago and is time to get healthy. She's having her first birthday party today and I want to be here to see her grow up. Well this is my story and I'm sticking to it. If anyone has any helpful tips or suggestions please tell me. I'm ready for any information any one has!!

Welcome! Glad to meet you.

Welcome! U have found a group that really understands what it's like to walk in your shoes. Stay focused, keep your eye on the prize! You can do this :)

Welcome to the group. Congrats on you decision to have WLS. I'm also 34 :) you have a little girl that's awesome. Are you planning on adopting more kids? Your alone in this decision or you have a spouse? Congrats on the 9 pounds lost you can do it.

Welcome to the group. Congrats on you decision to have WLS. I'm also 34 :) you have a little girl that's awesome. Are you planning on adopting more kids? Your alone in this decision or you have a spouse? Congrats on the 9 pounds lost you can do it.

I'm divorced. I have been a Foster parent for about 6 years now. I don't want to adopt more children. One is plenty for me. Lol unless I get married again and I'm not a single parent. Then I would consider it. It's hard taking care of a 1 year old at my weight. Maybe when I loose the weight and have more energy I'd also consider it.

Welcome! U have found a group that really understands what it's like to walk in your shoes. Stay focused' date=' keep your eye on the prize! You can do this :)[/quote']

Thank you!! I went to a support meeting and they are the ones who told me about this group. I'm glad I have people who understands what I am going through. Because noone around me does. It's kind of like going to war by myself.

Welcome to the group! I am new as well! did find out yesterday that I am approved for the surgery so looks like I am on my way too!

Welcome to the group! I am new as well! did find out yesterday that I am approved for the surgery so looks like I am on my way too!

That's great!! As soon as I get the 34 pounds off they are going to send the information to my insurance company. I'm praying everything goes right.

Im new here too... And for what I have read this support from this group is very helpful.. Good luck to everyone. Im happy to see that we are not Alone. Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone my name is Terri and obviously I'm new here. Lol I had my first consultation appointment last Friday July 5th. I was told I need to loose 34 pounds before I could have the surgery. My weight last Friday was 484 and now is 475. So 9 pounds in a week. Mostly Water weight though. I'm on high blood pressure meds that has a Water pill in it so I loose that weight fast.

I'm am struggling every minute. My brain is telling me to eat and its like a war going on within me. I'm only 34 and I have been over weight my whole life. I was 10 pounds 10 ozs when I was born. I've never had a "normal" weight. But I adopted a baby girl one year ago and is time to get healthy. She's having her first birthday party today and I want to be here to see her grow up. Well this is my story and I'm sticking to it. If anyone has any helpful tips or suggestions please tell me. I'm ready for any information any one has!!

Welcome Terri! The journey isn't always easy but it's worth it! There are some amazing folks here from all walks in like and all sizes and I've found some wonderful support and advice. Congrats on your decision to walk forward into good health.

Welcome Terri! The journey isn't always easy but it's worth it! There are some amazing folks here from all walks in like and all sizes and I've found some wonderful support and advice. Congrats on your decision to walk forward into good health.

Thank you!!I definitely need some support. I sure do feel like no one else understands what I'm going through. Especially my family. I know this is going to be a long road and I'm glad I have people to talk to that has been there and done that.

That's awesome. I knew of a couple that had Foster children lots of them like 6. She was such a great mom. Took care of them & even had photo in the house knowing one day they will be adopted. That's heart breaking but she did it.

I'm here if you ever need support. Your bit alone with WLS. I have my days I feel ugh! Then I'm like yeah I'm a size 0 then I see a photo if my self. Damn do I really look that small? I'm nuts lmbo

That's awesome. I knew of a couple that had Foster children lots of them like 6. She was such a great mom. Took care of them & even had photo in the house knowing one day they will be adopted. That's heart breaking but she did it.

I'm here if you ever need support. Your bit alone with WLS. I have my days I feel ugh! Then I'm like yeah I'm a size 0 then I see a photo if my self. Damn do I really look that small? I'm nuts lmbo

The thing with me is I have always taken care of others. I never took time to worry about myself. But in April I dislocated my left knee. So I wasn't walking for two weeks. Then I hurt my back on my birthday May 16th and I wasn't walking again. I couldn't carry my baby or do much around the house. I gained like 20 within that month. I felt helpless. Then I went to the doctor's and I weighed 484 pounds. That's when I decide it was time. I need help. I set my consolation up that day and it took me a month and a half to get my appointment. It was July 5th. I know this is life changing and there could be some things I go through. But if I don't do this I might not be here in the next 5 years. I might not see my baby go to kindergarten. And that hurts to even think that. So I'm here for the long haul!! Thanks for your kind words they defiantly are needed and appreciated! !

Thank you!!I definitely need some support. I sure do feel like no one else understands what I'm going through. Especially my family. I know this is going to be a long road and I'm glad I have people to talk to that has been there and done that.

Honestly..other people that haven't gone thru this don't know. I get my biggest support here.

Welcome.

You will find support, love and laughter here.

A quote that helped me pre-op.

I posted this everywhere i mean everywhere in the house so i would see it.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I was pretry much bed bound for 2 years. Yes i could walk but it would exhaust me. Sister i can go to miles. Lol could probably do more but my walking buddy has little legs and he gets tired.

You are fighting head hunger. The root of all weight gaining.

Occupy yourself with walking or doing something without food. Drink drink drink and eat Protein it will help.

Good luck.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 202#