Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else here mourn the amount of food they CANNOT eat? I'm happy i did the bypass and seeing great results so far, but I can't help but to mourn binge eating... I would love to just eat a whole pizza, box of chips ahoy, and half gallon of milk. Ugh. I need to find a new way of thinking. I miss fat Friday nights with pizza and Snacks. :(

I do too. I don't miss the actual food. Nothing even sounds that good to me. But it's the ACT of eating I miss. The binge. How disgusting is that?

I don't think it is disgusting. None of us got fat binging on fruits and vegetables. I think the key is to start associating different activities for those times. For " fun friday" do something other than food related. I have always loved to sew, particularly I love to quilt. So now on Fridays I spend it in ny sewing room designing and creating. I am making a really colorful quilt for my boss right now. She is wonderful and so supportive of ny journey. She is the person who encouraged me to take the full eight weeks of time off. I wanted to push and come back in four and she asked me what other patients get. When I said eight she said " you will take eight".

I don't think it is disgusting. None of us got fat binging on fruits and vegetables. I think the key is to start associating different activities for those times. For " fun friday" do something other than food related. I have always loved to sew' date=' particularly I love to quilt. So now on Fridays I spend it in ny sewing room designing and creating. I am making a really colorful quilt for my boss right now. She is wonderful and so supportive of ny journey. She is the person who encouraged me to take the full eight weeks of time off. I wanted to push and come back in four and she asked me what other patients get. When I said eight she said " you will take eight".[/quote']

post-34034-13813812374249_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3961[/ATTACH]

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! So awesome for summer!

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! So awesome for summer!

Thank you! Clearly I am not afraid of color. :) I know she'll love it too. I just finished the binding tonight and thinking of my next project. I made a pinwheel quilt a couple months ago and thought about doing another but king size for my bed. This one was a lap quilt.

post-34034-13813812374557_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3962[/ATTACH]

Beautiful quilts! You are very talented!

Beautiful! I love quilts! I have a couple of my grandmothers flannel nightgowns (she passed away a few years ago) and I was wanting to cut them up and make a quilt out of them. I need to get started on that.

OMG!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one mourning over food. I never realized just how attached I was to food. Sewing is a great idea. I used to do that all the time. Maybe I need to take it back up. Find a hobby that makes since for me.

yes! I can barely get through 2/3rds of a small baked chicken tender and a couple bites of veggies. I still can't believe how much I used to pack in. On a binge day, I could easily consume a bag of chips, a pint of ice cream, all three meals in giant proportions, a 2-liter of diet coke. I would literally eat all day, by the end of the day, I was so uncomfortable that I just wanted to curl up and die. I don't remember waking up hungry, ever. I am glad that I can't eat like that anymore.