Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how fast is the weight loss?

How long is it taking everyone to reach there goal weight? What was your starting weight and what's your goal weight? How did you adjust with the weight loss and new clothes? I'm getting anxious and curious and would love to hear everyone's story.. please

Oh my dear, it's so variable! I'm 4 months post and down 45, I seem to be losing slow compared to most on here but I have no problems with any food and I feel great so I'll take it! I'm 5'6, started at 255, shooting for 150, currently 210. I am a revision from a lap band and was warned revisions tend to lose slower... I highly recommend not comparing our journey to others though,it'll drive you crazy!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

ISBNLOVE,

I am 4 days post op and my experience has been to date as follows.

1) Lost 34 lbs during the pre-qualification stage prior for insurance approval .

2) on the day of surgery weigh in ( June 12th ) I had lost an additional 30 lbs due to the liquid diet.

total weight loss too date 64 lbs

I will post in two weeks when I meet with my surgeon for the post -op visit.. Please remember everyones experience is diffrent , stick to what your doctor and their tem tell you to do and yopu will be sucessful . They are the experts !

Good luck I know you can do it , and it worth all the effort

RJ

Since surgery (16 days ago) I have lost 27 pounds but I have a lot to loose. Those that have less to lose are going to go slower. I am 350 as of this morning and hope to get to 150.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

GO!!! Jacqueline .... 27 lBS Awesome job!

I started at 291 in December 2012. On day of surgery 2/28/13 I was 277. Today I am 229. Nearly 50 lbs in 3 1/2 months and I feel great. I went from a snug 24 to yesterday a 16.

I started at 291 in December 2012. On day of surgery 2/28/13 I was 277. Today I am 229. Nearly 50 lbs in 3 1/2 months and I feel great. I went from a snug 24 to yesterday a 16.

That's Awsome, keep going.

I was 299 at beginning, . Day of surgery was April 2nd and last Tuesday-10 weeks post op I was down to 249 so that is 50 lbs gone forever!!! .I am 5'9" and my Goal is 170-175ish. I am hoping to get the next 75 off this year. As for clothes....I do not want to spend alot of $$$, so I have gone to Goodwill and bought a couple of things and a few things i have purchased on Ebay. Don't want to pay full price if it may only fit for a month or so. I do have some smaller sizes i held onto from years ago, but it will be a while before I can get into them.

Good point about clothes. I have spent so much on my clothes and undergarments. Do you give your clothes away as soon as they get baggy?? And how do you cope with needing all sorts if clothes when you're wearing them for short time. Everybody is losing phenomenal weight. What's everybody doing re clothes???

I was at my highest weight in January at 272. The day of surgery, April 22, I was down to 255, a loss of 17 pounds. I had a bowel obstruction and had a second surgery on May 15. I will be 8 weeks post op RNY tomorrow and as of today I am at 220, 35 pound loss. I get discouraged sometimes seeing others losing so much faster and have to remind myself at how amazing a 52 pound loss in 6 months really is! I just broke through a stall and I was going crazy during it. (It was my first one) you just have to keep reminding yourself that this is your journey. Only you and your body will dictate how it is going to go. Be patient with yourself, we didn't put all this weight on overnight. My goal is 150....

I too kept clothes as I have gotten larger and buy when I absolutely have to, but I try thrift stores and garage sales when I can. I started at size 22 and I am fitting into 16/18 right now.

What is practical approach to needing clothes?? It seems we will be in new size clothes often?

Tomorrow is my 3 hour Pre OP visit. All done with Psych EVAL. What comes after that?

To be honest...I still wear some of them baggy. I work from home so it's not a big deal what I wear. I suffer from what my family calls 'noassatall'! lol. For some reason it seems I lose weight in my butt first. So I do try to have at least a couple of pants or capris that actually fit for the times we go out as a family. The baggy pants are not the least bit attractive. I have not given the bigger clothes away yet. Not sure if I am going to donate or sell and make a few bucks to put towards new clothes.

I'm a couple days away from 7 weeks out and I have lost 50lbs. I started 308 down to 258. I have had 2 stricture dilations so far though. So, I really haven't eaten much in the 6ish weeks. Been on liquids pretty much the whole time. Still not a day that I regret my decision though!

Surgery Date: May 2, 2013 - Amount Lost: 50lbs

Wow that is amazing. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out for you.

I was at my highest weight in January at 272. The day of surgery' date=' April 22, I was down to 255, a loss of 17 pounds. I had a bowel obstruction and had a second surgery on May 15. I will be 8 weeks post op RNY tomorrow and as of today I am at 220, 35 pound loss. I get discouraged sometimes seeing others losing so much faster and have to remind myself at how amazing a 52 pound loss in 6 months really is! I just broke through a stall and I was going crazy during it. (It was my first one) you just have to keep reminding yourself that this is your journey. Only you and your body will dictate how it is going to go. Be patient with yourself, we didn't put all this weight on overnight. My goal is 150....

I too kept clothes as I have gotten larger and buy when I absolutely have to, but I try thrift stores and garage sales when I can. I started at size 22 and I am fitting into 16/18 right now.[/quote']

We are both doing about the same. I started at 258 and day of surgery I was 249. I am down to 218 now and I'm into 16/18.

I feel I'm being buried alive in piles of cloths. I have piles of different sizes everywhere. And I have 4 lrg bags to go to goodwill, my hubby just hasn't loaded them in the car for me.