Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I started off great. No nausea with Protein Shakes or puréed food but now everything makes me nauseated. My Protein shakes all food and sometimes even Water. I would really just rather not eat but am trying to get all my protein in so I can continue to lose weight. It just makes it hard to function when every couple of hours I get a sick feeling. Tried asking dr. For more nausea medication but they said I should really be over that by now and they will do a swallow test when I next come in. I didn't have this problem at all when I saw them a week ago so we hadn't discussed it. So I guess it's normal?? I'm just going to have to make sure I'm by a couch every time I eat or drink so I can lie down?? Okay now I feel like I'm being a bit dramatic. I love my surgery and how much weight I have lost but this nausea thing is really bothering me. Does it go away with time? How do you guys cope? Anyone else getting nauseated with everything (even smells like toothpaste lol)?

Any chance of pregnancy?

Surgery Date: May 2, 2013 - Amount Lost: 20lbs

This is totally normal! That's the good news. I couldn't stand for people to say the word --lol they would have to spell it out! I had severe issues with muscle spasms, but I stayed nauseated for over 2 months. The doctor can you meds for that. My best advise yet to exercise and use this opportunity to lose as much weight as possible before the honey moon periods ends. The smell issue will get better, some foods you will never like again and things you hated may become super delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I had surgery on April 15 so about three weeks

At a month out I was still nauseous and my surgeon prescribed ant-nausea medication that dissolved on the tongue so I didn't have to swallow a pill. The nausea got better not too long after that. Everyone is different, for you doctor to say you shouldn't be nauseated after 3 weeks is silly. Yes it could be something major, or it could just be that your body is getting used to all these new changes going on within you. In fact, I'm 14 months out and I still have days where I have bouts of nausea and I will take my meds.

I am right there with you. I could have written your exact post.

I was sick from about week three until about 3 months post op. my doc gave me several things. He gave me a scapolimen(sp) patch and phenergen. The patch is what they use when you take a cruise. Both worked great and yes it does pass!

Also my doc said it was normal for some people to have this issue. He said as the toxins leave the fat cells they can have this effect on some of us "lucky" ones.

Also my doc said it was normal for some people to have this issue. He said as the toxins leave the fat cells they can have this effect on some of us "lucky" ones.

I like the idea of toxins leaving the fat cells. Makes me feel like their is a good productive reason for this:)

So I started off great. No nausea with Protein shakes or puréed food but now everything makes me nauseated. My Protein Shakes all food and sometimes even Water. I would really just rather not eat but am trying to get all my Protein in so I can continue to lose weight. It just makes it hard to function when every couple of hours I get a sick feeling. Tried asking dr. For more nausea medication but they said I should really be over that by now and they will do a swallow test when I next come in. I didn't have this problem at all when I saw them a week ago so we hadn't discussed it. So I guess it's normal?? I'm just going to have to make sure I'm by a couch every time I eat or drink so I can lie down?? Okay now I feel like I'm being a bit dramatic. I love my surgery and how much weight I have lost but this nausea thing is really bothering me. Does it go away with time? How do you guys cope? Anyone else getting nauseated with everything (even smells like toothpaste lol)?

I know what you mean. Most foods to me are nasty now. I get nauseated from the Protein shake and Water too. I get tired I just eat a Popsicle and eat on ice. It sucks but I guess it's a good thing. I am almost 2 months out on the 27th.

I was very sick at 3 a 4 was out. Everything tasted and smell bad. It felt like I had the stomach virus 24/7. Come to find out I was dehydrated. I increased my Water intake & I am better. Have you been getting 64 oz of water in? I hope you feel better soon.

No I have been having a hard time getting my Water in and probably only get in about half of what I should. Hmm I wonder. That could be it. I'll have to try that. Thanks so much for the insight! I have trouble with the feeling of room temp water but seem to tolerate cold better