Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That Scale is the Devil! >_<

So I've been using the scale thats non digital, you know the one that goes around lol, and I've never been too sure that it was 100% accurate but I was going by it anyway...so yesterday I weighed myself and it was 259....so I was so happy because I thought I was losing because at my 2 week post op check up I weighed 271...well today I got on a digital scale and it read out 265.2 and I weighed myself five times...so that means in 5 weeks I've lost 29 pounds....So guys what was your average weight loss by the 5th week? I know everyone is different and Im not comparing just wondering if Im average or below...and don't get me wrong Im happy for each and every one of those pounds that I've lost because theres no way in h*ll I would have been able to lose it on my own! I also know that this is only the beginning and if I continue to utilize my tool correctly I will be satisfied with my results and I have to be patient but that damn scale lol Im putting it away because it has taken over my life!

I am at 4 weeks and have lost 24 pounds. I think 29 pounds in 5 weeks is awesome... Way to go!!

I am at 4 weeks and have lost 24 pounds. I think 29 pounds in 5 weeks is awesome... Way to go!!

Thanks a bunch!! and congrats on your weight loss as well!!!...I guess I needed a little encouragement!!

I'm at four weeks and have lost 26 pounds. I think you're doing great. At least I hope you are because then we're both doing great!!!

I'm at four weeks and have lost 26 pounds. I think you're doing great. At least I hope you are because then we're both doing great!!!

lol yes we are!! I hope I didnt come off as discouraging :-/ for those who are along with me...I really dont mean to

My twin!! My sister from another mister! :P

You and I have lost exactly the same amount of weight - 29 pounds. I just had my doctor appointment yesterday, and he said I'm doing very well. I really busted my hump for the past 2 weeks and ended up losing 10 pounds. I asked him if he expected me to lose 5 pounds a week from now on, and he said,"No, you probably won't." I said, "GOOD!" He said his expectations are 2-4 pounds per week, which I am perfectly fine with. He also mentioned one of his patients that lost 50 pounds the first MONTH... then 1 pound the following month! However, he was 400+ pounds to begin with, and also got cocky thinking he could eat bad things.

Hang in there - you're doing just great! If you think about it, the slower we lose, the less "gaunt" and saggy we will look.

So I've been using the scale thats non digital, you know the one that goes around lol, and I've never been too sure that it was 100% accurate but I was going by it anyway...so yesterday I weighed myself and it was 259....so I was so happy because I thought I was losing because at my 2 week post op check up I weighed 271...well today I got on a digital scale and it read out 265.2 and I weighed myself five times...so that means in 5 weeks I've lost 29 pounds....So guys what was your average weight loss by the 5th week? I know everyone is different and Im not comparing just wondering if Im average or below...and don't get me wrong Im happy for each and every one of those pounds that I've lost because theres no way in h*ll I would have been able to lose it on my own! I also know that this is only the beginning and if I continue to utilize my tool correctly I will be satisfied with my results and I have to be patient but that damn scale lol Im putting it away because it has taken over my life!

You are doing great!!!!! Keep up the good work. I totally know how you feel though. I am 4 weeks out and have lost 26 pounds, which I felt was definitely not enough when I weighed myself on Monday. But when I took a step back of the ledge I was about to jump off, I realized that I am really doing ok. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have lost 40+ pounds in the first month, but 26 is really not bad. This is a journey and it is going to have some serious ups and downs, both with the process and on the scale. I have decided that I need to be proud of myself for making this choice and know that the weight will come off, even if it is slower than I would like.

I have to say that it is great to see that there are quite a few of us that seem to be in the 4-5 week post-op stage and have lost about the same amount of weight. We all must be doing something right - yay us!!!!! :)

My twin!! My sister from another mister! :P

You and I have lost exactly the same amount of weight - 29 pounds. I just had my doctor appointment yesterday' date=' and he said I'm doing very well. I really busted my hump for the past 2 weeks and ended up losing 10 pounds. I asked him if he expected me to lose 5 pounds a week from now on, and he said,"No, you probably won't." I said, "GOOD!" He said his expectations are 2-4 pounds per week, which I am perfectly fine with. He also mentioned one of his patients that lost 50 pounds the first MONTH... then 1 pound the following month! However, he was 400+ pounds to begin with, and also got cocky thinking he could eat bad things.

Hang in there - you're doing just great! If you think about it, the slower we lose, the less "gaunt" and saggy we will look.[/quote']

Sisssssssssster (thats how me and my sis greet each other lol) but you don't know how not good but great that made me feel and how reassured I am!!! That stupid cheap scale lmao I feel so much better knowing that Im on the right track...like yesterday I had a baked chicken breast for dinner and my mom is like "Should you be having that" which caused even more doubt even though I know what I should and shouldnt be eating and I eat EXACTLY what Im suppose to, and your absolutely right we dont want that saggy skin, well at leat not a lot lol so 2-4 pounds a week sounds great to me too! Thanks babe!!

You are doing great!!!!! Keep up the good work. I totally know how you feel though. I am 4 weeks out and have lost 26 pounds' date=' which I felt was definitely not enough when I weighed myself on Monday. But when I took a step back of the ledge I was about to jump off, I realized that I am really doing ok. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have lost 40+ pounds in the first month, but 26 is really not bad. This is a journey and it is going to have some serious ups and downs, both with the process and on the scale. I have decided that I need to be proud of myself for making this choice and know that the weight will come off, even if it is slower than I would like.

I have to say that it is great to see that there are quite a few of us that seem to be in the 4-5 week post-op stage and have lost about the same amount of weight. We all must be doing something right - yay us!!!!! :)[/quote']

Exactly! Couldnt have said it better myself and we should keep each other posted more often, in we need a little picker upper ya know? Yes Yay Us!!!! :)

So I've been using the scale thats non digital' date=' you know the one that goes around lol, and I've never been too sure that it was 100% accurate but I was going by it anyway...so yesterday I weighed myself and it was 259....so I was so happy because I thought I was losing because at my 2 week post op check up I weighed 271...well today I got on a digital scale and it read out 265.2 and I weighed myself five times...so that means in 5 weeks I've lost 29 pounds....So guys what was your average weight loss by the 5th week? I know everyone is different and Im not comparing just wondering if Im average or below...and don't get me wrong Im happy for each and every one of those pounds that I've lost because theres no way in h*ll I would have been able to lose it on my own! I also know that this is only the beginning and if I continue to utilize my tool correctly I will be satisfied with my results and I have to be patient but that damn scale lol Im putting it away because it has taken over my life![/quote']

That's almost a pound a day!!!!!! It's 2900 calories a day that are falling off you!!!! That's beyond fabulous woman!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8

That's almost a pound a day!!!!!! It's 2900 calories a day that are falling off you!!!! That's beyond fabulous woman!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8[/quote']

you know I didnt even look at it that way lol! you right!!! Thanks and congrats on your surgery and weight loss!!

you know I didnt even look at it that way lol! you right!!! Thanks and congrats on your surgery and weight loss!!

Or look at it this way, if you ate 2900 extra calories you'd have GAINED 29 pounds in 5 weeks!!! YIKES!!!!! (And thank you!)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8

Or look at it this way' date=' if you ate 2900 extra calories you'd have GAINED 29 pounds in 5 weeks!!! YIKES!!!!! (And thank you!)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8[/quote']

Holy Crap!!! Thats like a small child lol

In four weeks I have only lost 27lbs :/

In four weeks I have only lost 27lbs :/

I know what you mean by only and how your feeling....but take what these wonderful ladies have said into consideration...we all are doing great and it just takes time , patience, and determination we are gonna do this one day at a time...so cheer up you've done great babes!