Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

trouble in paradise

Hey everyone. So i need some advice... My bf and i are having trouble in paradise. Its like since i made this decision everything has spiraled out of control. At first he was not supportive and said it was the easy way out, yeah right, right. But then he came around and said that he supports me no matter what, and he wants me to be happy. But his actions are completely different. We have been together five years, broke up for a few months but just got back together about a month and a half ago.

He is to thin himself and has even said a few times that her is scared i will get thin and leave him.

At this point i don't know what to do because he is just acting so mean and different...

Is anyone else having trouble in paradise?? (if we can call it that)

Just to clarify i am still pre op and on my high Protein solid diet jumping threw the hoops

ok - this is what I tell my close gf’s - and I don’t know you - so take it for what it’s worth - you KNOW deep in your heart what you have to do - so...do it -

It may hurt and suck - but DO IT.

Its to get u healthy. Its his insecurity making him act like that. U do u. If its ment to be then it will

Sent from my DROID4 using RNYTalk

ok - this is what I tell my close gf’s - and I don’t know you - so take it for what it’s worth - you KNOW deep in your heart what you have to do - so...do it -

It may hurt and suck - but DO IT.

Thank you. I will hold on to that

During this journey you will absolutely need him to give you 110% support. I'm 8 weeks out and if I hadnt had my husbands support, I'm not sure i could have handled living in the same house as him especially the first few weeks. Its imparative that he jump on your weightloss journey train. I say if he cant be there for you during this very important time maybe its time to cut ties. reguardless stay strong in what you are doing and know that you are making the best move for yourself!! it'll all be worth it in the end for sure!! dont ever let someone bring you down about your choice for a better, happier and HEalthier you!! :)

Get him involved in the process if you can. Will the Dr speak with him? If not, go to counseling together to discuss the process and why it is good for you. He is afraid. There are so many horror stories out there this may help ease his mind. And I agree with Ranee, tons of support and encouragement.

worm2872, this is true. When I first started my journey (beginning stages of approval etc) my husband was mortified that something terrible would happen and so he wasnt on with me but the more I explained it to him and educated him the more he realized how important this life changing and life SAVING surgery was for me!! Hope this help you iverina

Get him involved in the process if you can. Will the Dr speak with him? If not' date=' go to counseling together to discuss the process and why it is good for you. He is afraid. There are so many horror stories out there this may help ease his mind. And I agree with Ranee, tons of support and encouragement.[/quote']

The doctor said he wants him going with me and he says he's supportive but just seems like he's not. Its more how's he's treating me... Idk.. Hope something works out, no matter what it may be.

Thank you everyone

I'm kind of a hard a$$ so I would say "get on board this train or get run over by it...those are the 2 choices" don't let his indecision and insecurities mess with you. You need to be sure of what you are doing and who you are doing it for.

I actually came across a troubling article not too long ago on divorce rates if WLS patients... My bf was acting out at the beginning, but after countless nights sitting up talking, going through old pictures, and all that sappy stuff we decided to make a go at this together. He and I both exercise and are eating much better. I have to constantly reassure him on our relationship because he is insecure sometimes too.

Keep the lines of communication open, but certainly don't let him derail your success.

This is going to be an emotional roller coaster, and I hope he hops on board with you!

Thank you. I how it works out, if not I'm doing this for me not anyone else

Me and my husband have been married for 3 and a half years going on 4 in may and he has always loved me an accepted the way I was skinny fat you name it to him I was perfect, and the other day we were driving and he said "please don't leave me" and it left me speechless... I told him I wouldn't but he needs to understand that if at some point our marriage is unhappy I won't stay... And he knows that so I say talk to him and tell him you are doing this for you <3 good luck

Thank you sol