Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm am feeling way bummed out and feeling like a complete failure :( I have not lost any weight for almost two weeks and according to the scale I actually gained. :( I admit I have trouble getting in my Protein and Fluid somedays but this is really upsetting. People ask how much have you lost and I hate saying nothing for awhile with a smile on my face. Hope this ends soon :(

Hi Ms. Mandy,

I don't know much about you...have you had surgery or in the waiting stages?

If you have had surgery what type and how far out are you?

I am 19 months post op- RNY...

It is possible that you are loosing inches while your body catches up with your weight loss...take measurements and try on clothes that used to be snug or you are saving to " get back in"...

Are you keeping a food journal? Look at the amount of carbs you are taking in...as far as fluids...water in your Protein Shake counts as Fluid intake...sugar free popcisles count as fluid...power ade zero, G2, Decaf tea and coffee...try Water with orange slices or lemon or even cucumber sliced in it...I keep a big pitcher in the fridge and keep adding water to it...makes it easier to drink.

Hope this helps.

Ms. Mandy don't worry about the weight. Sometimes like mention above you lose inches & if your exercising muscle weights more. I'm at stall right now & I figure hey I can lose those last 2lbs before I go down 15lbs more,but it's been 2 weeks and nada happen. My size 4 pants are getting lose on me I feel my hip bone when I lay down. I'm not wearing the faja as often & it looks like I had a mini Tummy Tuck cuz you can't barely see my tummy. So the scale is frozen but I'm sure you are melting away just like me. You will be able to tell when your pants have room if you can fit 2 fingers in your pants your losing weight in inches not on the scale. If you take a photo now I'm sure your face is smaller then when you started. I didn't realize it till I took a photo & my face was smaller.

We all have periods of not losing weight. My stall lasted 2 months !!! I increased intensity and time of my workouts and the got me out of my slump. I am almost 9 months post op.

Thank you ladies for all the suggestions and encouragement ... Makes me feel a little knowing I'm not the only one. My surgery was Nov. 14th and I'm 27 years old. I did have some complications after surgery ... Blood clots in my lung

I am 3.5 months post revision, and have had quite a few stalls , so i understand how you are feeling. I try to keep off the scales, drink more Water and i have found that taking my Vitamins help. .

Unlike any other attempts at losing weight, this operation has given me the confidence to carry on. Before, if i was on a stall i would just give up because i didn't see the point of trying so hard without any results. Now i just know, 200%, that i will lose weight, if not today, maybe tomorrow or even next week so it keeps me going. I have long term goals and keep them as my target. But sometimes i get on the scales and hold my breath so i might weigh less though!! Lol

I'm at stall once again. Like 3 weeks oh well... I gotta kick my own ass.