Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi yall. I am 1 week out. Had my surgery on the 26th. And spent the 1st week in the hospital, so slowly getting it down. But the diarrhea and gas is really really bad. I feel like Shrek!! Any advice would be great, I'm doing good getting my Protein Shakes down, and Water but I know there's more to do than just that. How long does the pain last? I had my bad removed along with a hernia. Any info would be so helpful, I'm doing this all by myself, thanks yall, Talia

Hi yall. I am 1 week out. Had my surgery on the 26th. And spent the 1st week in the hospital' date=' so slowly getting it down. But the diarrhea and gas is really really bad. I feel like Shrek!! Any advice would be great, I'm doing good getting my Protein Shakes down, and Water but I know there's more to do than just that. How long does the pain last? I had my bad removed along with a hernia. Any info would be so helpful, I'm doing this all by myself, thanks yall, Talia[/quote']

Sorry to say my gas pains lasted for a month. Try the liquid infant gas drops. A couple droppers full. They help a lot but only time is the best. A lot of people say walking helps too. In my case just time was the thing. I thought it would never get better but it does.

The first week is the worst. After that everything starts to heal. The gas gets better the second week as well. As hard as it is the more I moved the better it was. It helped with the gas and some of the nausea. Good luck!!

I am one week out also. I had my surgery on the 27th. I really relate to your shreck comment.

Welcome

Hi yall. I am 1 week out. Had my surgery on the 26th. And spent the 1st week in the hospital' date=' so slowly getting it down. But the diarrhea and gas is really really bad. I feel like Shrek!! Any advice would be great, I'm doing good getting my Protein Shakes down, and Water but I know there's more to do than just that. How long does the pain last? I had my bad removed along with a hernia. Any info would be so helpful, I'm doing this all by myself, thanks yall, Talia[/quote']

Did you mean you had your gallbladder removed? I had my surgery 2 Weeks ago today, also removed my gallbladder and hernia repair...the first week was a rough but I know I'm feeling better every day..I'm not out walking yet, only moving around the house...I'm having s lot of trouble with diahhrea but I did before surgery and unfortunately mine is due to some bowel damage from radiation and chemo...I'm going to try the soy milk today...hit me up anytime cuz I'm on my own doing this too..hope you're feeling better soon..i think it's all a matter of timE

Welcome. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers. Like the others said. It will get better each day, but not all at once. And you may have a few good days, then pow you will feel like you got knocked back down for a day. All this is normal for any surgery. So glad you are getting your fluids and Protein in. That is way more than half the battle. You are healing. Stay hydrated. Sip Sip Sip, Walk Walk Walk, Rest Rest Rest, and then repeat. Hugs to you

I found that walking helps move the gas through - it takes a lot of walking to stimulate movement of just a bit of gas. When I increased my movement beyond walking to reaching, benson and extending, the gas moved more easily. One week post op I still am bloated but feeling a little better everyday.