Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Kind Of Exercise

What kind of exercise is everyone doing. I'm 6 weeks post op and know I should be doing more but don't know what.

I walk a trail/hiking mountain 2 x a week. I do a biggest loser walking dvd 3 times a week. And do 2 lbs weights on my yoga ball for my arms and stretching. I can't wait to start crossfit!

Surgery 7/25/12

I am doing the treadmill everyday 30 min a day...its not much but its the best I can do right now.

How far out are u guys? Do you find the biggest looser sneer easy to do? I have a couple you'd only be able to do if your already in shape. That obviously isn't me! I need realistic dvds

Biggest looser dvds not sneer darn phone.

Mine is a walking one each part is walking one mile and its great!

I know what you mean, I got insanity... And quickly realized I'm not there yet! Lol turned it off and put on my biggest loser dvd :)

Just googled it and its called POWER WALK. We did it in my pre op class and I actually enjoyed it.

Surgery 7/25/12

I walk in a park near my home with my black lab. I'm up to three miles a day and I walk at least four to five times a week. No doubt in my mind that it increased my weight loss, reduced the time it took to lose the weight, and puts a smile on my lab's face every time! Love it!!

I walk in a park near my home with my black lab. I'm up to three miles a day and I walk at least four to five times a week. No doubt in my mind that it increased my weight loss' date=' reduced the time it took to lose the weight, and puts a smile on my lab's face every time! Love it!![/quote']

I love how every time you tell someone u walk u never fail to mention your black lab! I have one as well and adore her, the only thing is she is 110lbs. And i cannot walk her myself!

I walk in a park near my home with my black lab. I'm up to three miles a day and I walk at least four to five times a week. No doubt in my mind that it increased my weight loss, reduced the time it took to lose the weight, and puts a smile on my lab's face every time! Love it!!

Thats awesome DL. I am 4 weeks 1 day post op. Working my 40 hrs a week back at work and started at the gym last week when I was allowed to drive again :) I went 3 times last week and am attempting this week to go every night after work. LOVE the gym @ 2am, lol

I love how every time you tell someone u walk u never fail to mention your black lab! I have one as well and adore her, the only thing is she is 110lbs. And i cannot walk her myself!

Lol! She is the best fur covered friend anyone could possibly ask for! She makes me laugh every day of the world. She's "only" 95 lbs but we've been walking since she was a puppy and she is an absolute dream on the leash. Labs are amazingly intelligent. I think the key is a short leash and using a prong collar when you walk, and only when you walk. The collar looks intimidating but it absolutely doesn't hurt her. Cesar Milan says that the prongs simulate her mom's teeth when she was a puppy and mom had to correct her. She wears her regular collar (red of course!) most of the time but when we're going for a walk, I put the prong collar on and she's like a machine - right by my side the whole time!! With a little practice and a little patience I bet your lab would be the same!!

I go to the gym 5-6 days weekly. Eliptical every day for 30 min to 1 hour. Weight lifting 3-4 days for 30 minutes. Walking whenever I can evenings and weekends. Lost 50 at 3 months, 61 years old if this old lady can do it anyone can!!

Lol! She is the best fur covered friend anyone could possibly ask for! She makes me laugh every day of the world. She's "only" 95 lbs but we've been walking since she was a puppy and she is an absolute dream on the leash. Labs are amazingly intelligent. I think the key is a short leash and using a prong collar when you walk' date=' and only when you walk. The collar looks intimidating but it absolutely doesn't hurt her. Caesar Milan says that the prongs simulate her mom's teeth when she was a puppy and mom had to correct her. She wears her regular collar (red of course!) most of the time but when we're going for a walk, I put the prong collar on and she's like a machine - right by my side the whole time!! With a little practice and a little patience I bet your lab would be the same!![/quote']

I am definetly going to try that, I bought her a harness and it is great because my 14 yr old son does great with her as well as my husband. Honestly I think the problem is me because I do not like scolding her, I baby her and I am the one that she least listens to... She is my big girl, but then again I ama push over because my daschund and chihuahua also walk all over me! I know what you mean about making you laugh, the love I get from mine is definetly unconditional and the happiness they have when they see me is priceless! Here are my four legged best buddys!

post-19306-13813810357529_thumb.jpg

post-19306-13813810357967_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to get back into the gym. Doctor just let me start weight training this week. I want my body back I had 7 years ago befor the accident rueind my leg and I sat around and got fat. The gym keep it off.

That's no excuse I could have gotten back into the gym 5 years ago and used my right leg as a excuse not any more. Now if we could just gat a Planet fitness or a golds gym in my town. So the YMCA will have to do they just renovated their gym so will have to check it out Friday

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

I am definetly going to try that, I bought her a harness and it is great because my 14 yr old son does great with her as well as my husband. Honestly I think the problem is me because I do not like scolding her, I baby her and I am the one that she least listens to... She is my big girl, but then again I ama push over because my daschund and chihuahua also walk all over me! I know what you mean about making you laugh, the love I get from mine is definetly unconditional and the happiness they have when they see me is priceless! Here are my four legged best buddys!

image-2515840352.jpg

image-349346851.jpg

Beautiful! Just sent you a PM.